Open Job: Livelihoods Manager In Nigeria
Location: Maiduguri, Nigeria with frequent field visit to Mubi, Yola and Damaturu
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take a leading role in the implementation of DRCs emergency food security projects in close co-ordination with the Global Emergency Coordinator
- Prepare and develop distribution and movement plans for teams and work with Finance and Admin Manager to forecast cash requirements
- Contextualize cash transfer guidelines prepared by the organization on distribution processes and make necessary recommendation where appropriate;
- Assist in developing new food security and cash transfer programme initiatives and fundraising relating emergency response;
- Conduct further assessments and assist in preparation of proposals, develop national and local strategies in co-operation with the Country Director
- Draft concept papers and assist in the preparation of creative, realistic and effective project proposals
- Based on initial assessments including a market assessment conducted by DRC Nigeria end of 2015 the Livelihoods Manager will design interventions, strategies and plans for the implementation of Livelihoods and cash transfer programmes;
- Conduct assessment and analysis of needs; existing and potential financial institutions or traditional mechanisms for cash transfer programme and identify innovative/alternative payment modalities in consideration with the security situation in target locations;
- Direct management of the livelihood projects and line manager for team members. This includes coaching, ensuring co-ordination between staff, in a number of locations , recruiting, and staff capacity building;
- Ensure donor and agency compliance is met at all levels of project/program management cycle
- Develop project progress reports according to agreed work plan. This includes contribution of livelihood sector in preparing donor report on time
- Ensure lessons learned are documented, shared and reflected in program planning and decision making
- Undertake regular field/onsite visits to ensure technical support to livelihood and cash staff and proper monitoring of the activities’ implementation in area of operation;
- Provide regular updates on progress to supervisors and other team members and senior management
Representation and Relations:
- Cultivate good relations with key humanitarian actors – local and international, including government authorities and non-state actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings and bilateral meetings;
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned by the Country Director
- Ensure that the DRC foods security and cash transfer projects are implemented in accordance with DRC standard regulations and procedures (e.g. Code of Conduct, CHS and DRC Operational Handbook);
- Ensure that at all times contact with beneficiaries is conducted in a sensitive and respectful manner;
- Where relevant, liaise with donors and work closely with partners on project updates, site visits and other communication.
- Make sure that each member of the livelihood team is aware of security issues, policies, SOPs and they follow them accordingly
- In consultation and collaboration with Security Advisor, ensure that all security incidents are reported within given time line and standard
- Ensure coordination with Head of Finance & Admin, Security Advisor and Logistic & Procurement Manager to ensure security risks are minimized at lowest level.
- Ensure that all team members of livelihoods sector are aware of RDC code of conduct, humanitarian principles and code of conduct of Red Cross/Crescent and NGOs working in humanitarian field
- The Livelihoods Manager will report to the Head of Programmes, Nigeria.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 5 years of international experience with humanitarian organizations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in conflict context
- Experience with managing diverse team in terms of sex, race, faith, age, etc.
- Gender sensitive
- Experience in working and living in shared accommodation
- Flexible and adaptable
- Willing to travel within and between States in Nigeria
- University education in Agriculture/Livelihoods and or equivalent to related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in humanitarian cash/voucher and food security projects
- Working experience with IDPs/Returnees/Refugees/Host communities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- DRC will offer the successful applicant a 12 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 25 October 2016 and be willing and able to work in Maiduguri, Nigeria .
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates; please refer to: www.drc.dk under Vacancies. This position will be placed at level A14
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All applicants must send a Cover letter and an updated CV’s (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
- If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact: email@example.com
- Due to the need for rapid deployment interviews are expected to take place throughout the recruitment period. DRC reserves the right to offer the position to a suitable candidate even before the closing date.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.