Adolescent Girls Program Manager At Mercy Corps Nigeria
Job Title: Adolescent Girls Program Manager
Knowledge And Experience Required
- MA or equivalent in relevant field
- 5-7 years of field experience in international relief and/or development programs, including in managing programs in transitional or emergency environments.
- Experience in adolescent programing, gender or general protection programming is essential.
- Previous working experience in Africa required
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with host country governments, private sector, INGO, NGO partners and other stakeholders in complex environments
- Successful and proven negotiation, communication and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment
- Fluency in Hausa is a plus
The successful candidate will provide effective leadership and management of the I-SING program activities, staff and resources. S/he will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, constructive mentoring skills and proven experience with capacity building. S/he will be committed to long-term program sustainability and the delivery of high-impact activities at the community level. Successful Mercy Corps team members have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective written and verbal communication a priority.
The position will be based in Gombe town ( Gombe state) or Biu town, Borno state, Nigeria and it requires substantial amount of travel between field locations in Gombe, Adamawa and Borno states. Considering the frequent travel from/to different field locations, this position will require flexibility in terms of accommodation and logistics. Housing will be in hotels or guesthouse where available. Security in the field locations require additional vigilance and accessibility will be reassessed continuously.
Access to good medical services in north east is limited. Phone communication, internet, electricity and water is available but might be erratic.
The location is eligible for hardship and R&R (every 10 weeks) benefits. Working hours require flexibility and working through weekends/evenings might be necessary.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all locations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply