Job Title: Personal Assistant To Managing Director
- As personal assistant to the MD you will be working closely with the MD on a daily basis, providing administrative support, on a one-to-one basis.
- Your job will be to manage the MD’s daily itinerary and perform other secretarial and administrative tasks.
- MD will be relying heavily on you, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in his absence.
- Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes you must display in all your activities.
- You will need extensive knowledge of the organisation, including the company’s aims and objectives.
- You will be expected to know names, numbers and context for all the major clients, suppliers and artisans that MD works with.
- You will often act as MD ‘s first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation.
Typical Work Activities Include:
- Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- Cordination of contractors for the Company
- Deputizing for MD, making decisions and delegating work to others in his absence;
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, etc.;
- Arranging travel and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with MD if necessary;
- Attend meetings and generate minutes of the meeting.
- In addition to supporting MD, you will also have your own personal workload and responsibilities.
- Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often handling correspondence on behalf of MD;
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- Organizing and attending meetings and ensuring MD is well-prepared for meetings;
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff;
The Scope of the PA’s role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- Carrying out specific projects and research;
- Business development/Marketing
- Responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- Taking on some of MD’s responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- Being involved in decision-making processes
Some of the more practical tasks you will carry out include:
- Ensuring the office is cleaned, AC on and daily schedule on the desk before the time MD gets to the office
- Note of other important dates and events in the calendar
- Finding out important events and functions MD should be aware of and may want to attend including meetings, outings, exhibitions and conferences (both local and international)
- Ensuring that MD’s phone bill is paid on time
- Taking note of birthdays of clients, staff, family, friends and other important contacts (organizing for gifts and cards to be sent out)
- A B.Sc./HND graduate with a minimum of two years working experience in a similar role.
How to Apply
Applicants should send their Application letters and CVs to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org