July 2016 Graduate Field Service Technician Opportunity at Cummins Inc.
Current Job Opening: Cummins Inc. Graduate Field Service Technician
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Cummins Power Generation Business Unit is offering a Field Service Technician Graduate Development Opportunity in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Technician Graduate
- Cummins is a global provider of power generation systems, components and services in standby power, distributed power generation, as well as auxiliary power in mobile applications to meet the needs of a diversified customer base.
- If you think you’ve never seen a company like Cummins before, just imagine what it’s like to work here. Cummins can provide you with the career path and extensive development opportunities you need to achieve your goals.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete basic repairs, including preparing required parts and tools
- Engages with customer in a courteous and professional manner. Ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Supervisor
- Maintains service tools for cleanliness and proper operation
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation
- Interfaces with sales, manufacturing, and marketing teams to design and deliver solutions.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Ability to learn, analyze, and understand technical processes
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, presentation) to all levels of the organization.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Effective team work and multi-tasking skills a must
- Can resolve basic technical problems
- Ability to work safely and identify safety risks, including completion of any required safety training and the Job Safety Assessment process
- Capable of developing effective working relationships
- Bachelor’s (2nd Class Upper & above) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- A development opportunity whilst being coached by senior Africa leaders
- Projects and work assignments that will immediately provide you an opportunity to practice your theory
- Opportunity to work with global teams on key projects (within and outside of Africa)
- A great work environment