June 2016 Country Electrician Latest Job at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Current Recruitment: Medecins Sans Frontieres Country Electrician
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Electrician
Location: Abuja based but 70% of the time on the different field project (Jahun, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, new project)
- Carry out installation of needed electrical equipment as defined by each project.
- Assist with urgent support/ advice and carry out critical rehabilitation tasks and corrective maintenance interventions.
- Perform annual maintenance procedures and safety checks across facilities in the mission.
- Carry out and update the electrical installations inventory
- Elaborate the necessary documentation for carrying out energy installations projects
- Identify local technical actors, and organize their participation in the project
- Support the supply team in validation and quality control of energy equipment, spare parts, tools…
- Support logisticians on needs identification in terms of electrical materials, equipment’s & tools.
- Organize the technical training of the teams in charge of the service of electrical installations and equipment
- Carry out and regular update of power assessments in all MSF facilities in the mission.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Essential degree education and formal technical training. Electrician training or diploma required.
- At least one year in MSF or 2 years in a similar post out of MSF,
- Previous working experience as an electrician – 2 years mandatory
- Result oriented commitment, flexibility, stress management and capacity to work as a team.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Hausa (preferably).
- Full-time, unlimited contract duration starting as soon as possible.
- 208 working hours per month
Application Closing Date
17th June 2016.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s, copies of diplomas and a cover letter with contact details to: email@example.com
Applications can be submitted by mail to:
Plot 26, Olu Agabi Close,
Abuja, Nigeria, in person (“application box” by the watchman desk) (With reference Country Electrician)
Note: Please make sure to submit your application by this date. Only successful applicants will be called for interview.