A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Cathodic Inspector
Job Reference Code: RS-OPS-0010
Summary of Functions
- Maintain and update the cathodic protection system map to include the location of all rectifies and anodes within the system.
- Provide training for technicians and field crews.
- Perform field evaluation of the cathodic system requirements to ensure proper protection of the distribution system from external, internal and atmospheric corrosion.
- Train other technicians and develop daily work schedule as needed.
- Utilize computer for data entry and tracking of the monitoring schedule.
- Generate work orders.
- Provides support and assistance to other field crews with cathodic protection issues.
- Prepare and forward reports to Engineering regarding potentially inadequately protected portions of the system for inclusion in CIP replacement projects.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- Make recommendation for system improvement.
- Install rectifiers, anodes and the associated circuitries.
- Take pipe-to-soil readings of each rectifier in accordance to the established schedule.
- Troubleshoots the cathodically protected areas of the gas distribution system ensuring protection of existing steel piping and the infrastructures.
- Work with the field crew to ensure proper installation of bond wire and test leads.
- Meet the client compliance deadlines and requirements.
- Ability to recognize malfunctions of electronic measuring devices.
- Ability to effectively work independently and with field crews.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to use specific cathodic protection survey tools such as pipe locators, oscillators, current mappers, reference half cells and soil resistivity measuring devices.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Some climbing, stooping, lifting and inspecting in confined areas.
- Knowledge of basic math and understanding of the decimal numbering system.
- Knowledge of basic chemistry as it relates to corrosion of metals.
- Knowledge of basic electricity and electromagnetic concepts.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret maps, blue prints, and engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to accurately use electrical measuring devices, such as volt meters, ohm meters, and signal generators.
- Ability to transfer readings from electrical measuring devices to charts or records.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- OSP card, BOSIET / HUET & Offshore Medicals
- Demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills and abilities, which would typically be acquired through
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, management and other co-workers, both individually and in front of a group is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential.
- Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is helpful for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents.
- The job is performed outdoors.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply