Current Job in a Logistics and Supply Chain Company for a Warehouse Site Manager in Lagos, Nigeria
Warehouse Site Manager Job Opening in Lagos, Nigeria June 2017
Warehouse Site Manager in Lagos, Nigeria June 2017
Job Title: Warehouse Site Manager
Job Reference: 1265
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Function: Supply chain
- Daily manage and monitor the warehousing operations.
- Plan and organize the day off/ holidays of his staff.
- Plan and Publish the Shift plan on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that daily Warehousing activity reports are sent to the Customer.
- Daily liaise with the Operations Shift Managers for regular update of the operation progress.
- Ensure that all broken-down or malfunctioning MHE (Manual Handling Equipment) are reported immediately to the Customers.
- Ensure the compliance and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Investigate and resolve the queries linked to any loss or surplus of material.
- Ensure that all the company’s QHSE standard procedures are properly known and followed by everyone.
- Supervise, assess and train the staff under his responsibility.
- Empower and assign clear and specific objectives to his operators.
- Maintain a productive and peaceful work environment.
- Ensure the client’s satisfaction and minimize the complaints.
- Ensure timely response to client requests.
- Ensure that the site is clean and neat at all times.
- Report all difficulties above his authority to the Operations Manager.
- Report all incident/accident to the Operations Manager and ensure proper record of same.
- Design and Update regularly Business Contingency Plan.
- Monitor and supervise closely the security of the facility.
- Check the attendance of the security on a daily basis.
- Ensure compliance with standards and regulations.
- Implement and ascertain HSE Policy (policy 5S/8S) in the facility.
- Supervise warehouse maintenance, refurbishment and immediately escalate any non-conformity.
- Ensure the safety of the goods and people on site.
- Assist the cost control concerning the Customer’s invoicing and follow up the customer payment.
- Follow up and monitor the accurateness of the suppliers’ invoices.
- B.Sc. or HND in any of the following: Transport and Logistics Management; Supply Chain Management; Economics; Business Management;
- People management skills, including the ability to lead and motivate others, delegate work and explain ideas;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Numeracy and an understanding of finance;
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Result and Performance oriented
- A minimum of 5 years professional work experience in Logistics, Distribution and Warehouse management especially in the FMCG industry;
- Proven Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Organization skills;
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply