August 2016 Nigeria Program Coordinator Fresh Job at Abt Associates
Job Opening: Abt Associates Nigeria Program Coordinator
health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist 8 / Nigeria Program Coordinator, Zinc/ORS
Ref No: 41563
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Liase with the Zinc Program Coordinator on all program related activities
- Attend and report on discussions at State Coordination meetings
- Liaise with BBC Media Action/CHAI/other partners/advertising firms on provider and caregiver focused demand creation messages and materials
- Work with partner suppliers to ensure continuous supply of quality, affordable ORS, zinc and amoxicillin products in the markets, particularly at the PPMV level in rural areas.
- Monitor retail outlets and the commercial supply chain to ensure that product sales/marketing information is reaching retail outlets, especially in rural areas, and that the wholesale/distributor system is working to ensure product availability.
- Conduct monitoring at the retail level to ensure that retailers are recommending the appropriate diarrhea treatment products and are providing appropriate counseling and advice and referrals for patients with pneumonia.
- Monitor all related research activities (retail audits, mystery client surveys, or HH surveys).
- Report monthly to Abt’s Zinc Program Coordinator and Abt’s Child Health Advisor.
- Liaise with state Department of Pharmaceutical Services/MOH and NAPMED on all plans related to training events and supportive supervisory activities
- Facilitate training events: arrange for venue and food, ensure training materials are available.
- Liaise with partner manufacturers and suppliers of ORS and zinc and amoxicillin to ensure that their representatives attend training events and have sufficient supplies of products to offer for sale at the event, that detailers are regularly attending monthly NAPMED meetings, and that appropriate contacts are being made with individual retailers (detailers are visiting PPMVs and sales reps are visiting private sector clinics and community pharmacists).
- Other duties as assigned to enhance ORS and zinc and amoxicillin marketing.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Educational degree in pharmacy or marketing, development or related field.
- Experience working in development programs and dealing with donor communities.
- Good writing and communication skills
- ( 2+ ) years of experience OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply