Action Against Hunger recruiting IT/Logistics Intern Jobs In Nigeria 2014
IT/Logistics Intern, (6months) based in Abuja
The Logistic Intern is responsible for assisting in the operational management in Abuja under the supervision of the Capital Logistician. They will assist the Logistics team in fulfilling the mission IT needs by providing the necessary technical support. They are to learn the logistics procedures of a humanitarian organization under the tutelage of the Abuja logistics team. They will also be required to participate in the improvement of procedures and their implementation in the Abuja office.
- Creating an IT framework to provide improved support to the mission
- Respond to telephone calls, instant messages, email and personnel requests for
- Provide technical support, troubleshoot problems and help develop solutions.
- Recommend and schedule repairs, via vendors or hands on
- Install and configure workstations (Hardware and software installation) based on ACF needs and requirements
- Provide end users support for all applications
- Assist the capital office in the procurement process
- Help procure small value items for the capital office
- Assist in managing the capital warehouse
- Assist in making the driver schedule
- Monitor the service requirements of the fleet and inform the capital logistics team of vehicles that are due for servicing
- Help in arranging the transportation of goods from the capital office to the field bases
- Assist in the preparation of the external audit
Qualifications & Skills:
- Graduate diploma in relation to the position
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Familiarity with hardware and software installations
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 – Server administration etc.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7
- Expert User of Microsoft Office Suite 2013 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Must have a strong work ethic, organization skills, the desire to learn and is not afraid to ask questions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Applications, including CV and Letter of Motivation, should be sent as follows using the job title as subject matter:
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org