As a model local partner organization, it is also structured to maintain linkages with international and local organizations, especially the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), IHV-Baltimore and the University of Maryland and Global Funds for Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria, to promote capacity development and collaboration within the health sector in Nigeria. IHVN also conducts research and training in research methodologies and ethics intended to enhance the capacity of Nigeria to effectively mitigate HIV/AIDS,cancer, tuberculosis, malaria and other diseases.
The Nigerian Alliance for Health Systems Strengthening (NAHSS) is a CDC-funded project that supports building of Nigeria Health Systems’ for sustainable impact. The University of Maryland-led project will support the Federal Ministry of Health to develop the National Quality Improvement program (NigeriaQual) and strengthen the capacity of local implementing partners, state multidisciplinary planning teams and site CQI Teams to integrate Quality Improvement activities into Organization, Financial and Program planning activities, in addition to HIV care and treatment services.
We are therefore looking for a competent professional to fill this position.
Job opportunity Title: Administrative Assistant
Job opportunity Location: Abuja
Supervisor: Project Director (NAHSS)
- Under the direction of Program Director and Program Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the provision of administrative and logistical support services to the NAHSS team
Duties and responsibilities:
- Notify NAHSS partners and relevant stakeholders of upcoming meetings as requested by the office through emails or phone calls.
- Arrange travel logistics for NAHSS staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
- Make catering arrangements for meetings and reserve accommodation for participants where necessary.
- Coordinate staff meetings, set up conference rooms and meeting room, ordering and setting up audio-visual equipment and agendas, take minutes of meetings and write reports as requested, file records of all meetings.
- Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support services for the NAHSS office (as relevant).
- Records minutes of staff meetings and circulates same amongst the staff and meeting attendees
- Assists with production of presentation materials for staff members.
- Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services for telephone and e-mail, obtaining quotations for required services, arranging for repairs of office equipment.
- Collate and file quarterly, monthly and weekly reports
- Collate and harmonize quarterly and monthly work plans
- Make travel arrangements as requested by NAHSS staff and facilitate retirement of trips by staff
- Order/pick up supplies for the Office of the NAHSS
- Coordinate interviews and facilitate reimbursement of transportation for participants
- Tracking of NAHSS work plans and activities
- Support trainings to give administrative support
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Knowledge of general office practices and administrative procedures.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Resourceful in gathering and providing information.
- Ability to develop and manage an office schedule
- Knowledge of budget preparation and monitoring.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and recipients of assistance.
- Excellent computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Typing skills.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business administration
- Experience with administrative and secretarial skills
- Experience with large complex organization is required, familiarity with international NGOs preferred
Mode of Application
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Associate Director, Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
- Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter.
- IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2013