May 2017 Current Jobs in an Oil and Gas Company for Captains in Lagos
An Oil and Gas Company for Captains in Lagos May 2017
An Oil and Gas Company Vacant Job for Captains in Lagos May 2017
sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
Job Title: Captain
- Command vessels in various bodies of water.
- Hire and supervise ship crew members.
- Maintain boat and equipment.
- Operate and maintain engines, winches, navigational systems, fire extinguishers, and life preservers.
- Measure and record water depths.
- Stick to planned route.
- Ensure adequate levels of hydraulic fluid, air pressure, and oxygen.
- Use flashing lights and whittles to signal passing vessels.
- Resolve problems with customers.
- Tow and maneuver barges.
- Signal tugboats.
- Unload and attempt to sell cargo.
- Sort logs or salvage lost logs.
- Utilize electronic sounding devices.
- Direct and coordinate crew members or workers performing activities such as loading and unloading cargo, steering vessels, operating engines, and operating, maintaining, and repairing ship equipment.
- Inspect vessels.
- Set courses and determine speeds using charts, plotting sheets, sextants, and compasses.
- Monitor loading of cargo.
- Record ship positions and movements.
- Have a Master Mariner License
- Must have sailed on international waters
- Must have worked on Cargo’s / Freighters
- Ideal candidate from the Merchant Navy
- 7 yrs working experience as a Captain on the international merchant ships, multipurpose cargo preferred.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified cancdidates should;
Click here apply