June 2016 Bourbon Oil and Gas Recruitment: Chief Engineer
A leading international player in marine services, BOURBON offers to the most demanding oil & gas clients worldwide a full line of innovative, safe, high performance and new generation vessels and an expanded offer of offshore oil & gas services. With this continuous expansion we are looking for career orientated seafarers that are looking to develop a long term career with a leading maritime organization that can offer job and financial security.
Job Title: Chief Engineer – Master ASD TUG
Duties & Responsibilities
The Master has the overhaul command and authority for the navigation and operations of the vessel, represents BOURBON in all contacts with the Charterer and has full responsibility to protect BOURBON interests.
- Command and operate the vessel in a safe and cost efficient manner.
- Ensure that all paperwork pertaining to accounts, safety, operations and crew is completed satisfactorily and where applicable filed or dispatched to head office in time
- Keep accurate accounts
- Ensure that the Oil Record Book is correctly filled in by the Chief Engineer
- Supervise shore workers carrying out maintenance and/or repairs
- Maintain throughout the contract a good communication with the contract manager as per Bourbon client satisfaction chain
- Ensure that there is a smooth operational relationship with all clients
- Committed to Safety and Company Procedures in all tasks
- Supervise officers and crew training
- Train the Chief Officer in all aspects of ships command with special emphasis on maneuvering of vessel
- Carry out officers and crew assessments
- Chair the vessel’s Safety Committee Meetings
- Report to the HSE Manager (or according to reporting procedure) any matters which could be detrimental to the safety of the vessel, crew or company property
- Responsible for the seaworthiness of the vessel
- Ensure that neither the vessel nor crew facilitate unsafe practices
- Ensure that the vessel and her crew conform to all Company, International, Flag State and Classification Society regulations
Line reporting and functional linkage
This position will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Key skills and behavior
- Persuasion & Leadership
- Organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- He shall be so fluently bilingual that he reacts immediately to a stressed command in English given by THE CHARTERERS rig move master.
Education The Master shall be in possession of a valid II/2 STCW License.
In order to allow us to match your profile to suitable position, please be as accurate as possible when answering the questionnaire.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply below