Channel Development Manager Job at Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd In Nigeria October 2014
The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Channel Development Manager, in a profitable and sustainable way, implements trade marketing strategies, and develops CCH Nigeria volume and share in assigned channels and projects, through analysis, development, implementation and review of marketing initiatives
Job Title: Channel Development Manager
Strategy & Planning
- § Lead the development and execution of the channel trade marketing plans based on insights, aligned brand plans, and customer and shopper trends
- § Lead and develop channel specific OBPPC based on insights and our commercial plans
- § Set SMART targets for all channel initiatives, in terms of share, volume, transactions etc
- § Effectively and efficiently plan, utilize and follow up on allocated marketing budget, monitoring ROI on a regular basis
- § Ensure that channel plans are aligned with both internal (procurement, SC, logistics, sales) and external (TCCC, agencies, vendors) stakeholders.
Channel Development & Execution
- § Lead the development of Look of Success for the channel(s)
- § Jointly with TCCC, develop Shopper Messaging Toolkits for all upcoming promotios
- § Strictly implement the commercialization process, following the Yellow-Red-Green Document flow for all promotions and new launches
- § Develop and implement the ROI principle for all investments in the market, and do a rigorous follow up with the sales force
- § Timely monitoring and reporting of competitive activities in the market and assigned channels
- § Implement the Market Development Initiatives towards achieving volume, share and execution targets
- § On top of channel initiatives, overall management of NCPs and new launches, as per Trade Marketing Directors inputs and directives
Relationships and Reporting
- § Reports to Trade Marketing Director. Manages Channel Manager
- § Spends at least 20% of time on a weekly basis in the trade in order to develop relationship with the sales force and understand market needs.
- § Strong routines in place with the Coca-Cola Company, with weekly meetings and joint planning and implementation
- BSc or HND Marketing,Business Administration or Social Sciences.MBA will be an added advantage
- 5 years
- BSc or HND Marketing,Business Administration or Social Sciences.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of commercial experience.
- Specific skills required are: Project Management -Generating and interpreting shopper insights -OBPPC creation and implementation -Financial Awareness: ROI and VC analysis, DME tracking and posting -Channel Planning -Outlet Activation fundamentals -Excellent communication (presentation) skills & excellent relationships -Other: SAP (user level), M. Office tools
How to Apply
All suitably qualified candidates should click online.