Chevening UK Government Scholarship for Study in The UK 2017/2018
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
To be eligible for a Chevening Award you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a postgraduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK.
- Have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, please refer to your country page for further details)
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
a) A full Chevening Scholarship normally comprises:
- Payment of tuition fees (see point 1.2.a in relation to MBA fee caps)
- Economy travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only
- An arrival allowance
- The cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only
- A departure allowance
- A contribution of up to £75 for TB testing, where this is required
- A travel top up allowance
- A monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. These rates are subject to annual review. Stipend payments will be made to you on or around the 21st of the month for the following full month. Where you arrive in the UK or leave the UK part way through the month, the stipend for that month will be adjusted as appropriate.
How to Apply:
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Three different UK master’s course choices
- English language test results(if already met the requirements)
- UK master’s university offer (if already met the requirements)
You can submit your initial application without these optional documents and upload them to your application at any point up to 13 July 2017. Please note that only documents in PDF format can be uploaded and documents cannot be over 5MB in size.
Application Deadline: November 8th 2016