May 2016 Head of Software Engineering Job Vacancy in Abuja at Co-Creation Hub
Co-Creation Hub (CcHUB) is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place.
The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Software Engineering (Tech234)
Location: Maitama, Abuja, Nigeria
Experience: Mid – Senior Level
- This position offers an excellent opportunity to provide leadership in architecture, development, deployment and management of industry leading solutions and related products.
- The work involves leading a team of software engineers and infrastructure officers in architecture, design and development of new solutions or new functionality for existing solutions.
- The work also requires a domain knowledge of how to manage the infrastructures used for the deployment of the solution.
- Additionally, it involves interacting with business units, management and sometimes customers on a regular basis to understand their problems and provide long lasting stable software solutions to the problems.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work on architecture, design and coding using agile and iterative software development methodologies.
- Leads the production of technical specification for custom development and systems integration requirements.
- Identify root causes of issues and come up with design and approach to fix the issues.
- Hands on work to resolve time-critical customer issues as per assigned priority.
- Interact with team members on a regular basis and mentor team members.
- Responsible for the development of a training plan for team members to acquire the requisite skills for achieving solution development and management goals.
- Ensure proper code documentation and periodic code reviews.
- Create new version releases and produce whitepapers and tech-notes for new functionality.
- Provide leadership and strategy in the deployment, management and monitoring of infrastructure used for solutions deployment.
- Increasing efficiency in the workplace by continuously automating parts of the software engineering process.
- Interact with business units to understand the issues and tackle difficult problems.
- Attend customer and business meetings to better understand their requirements and ensure delivery of new requirements on time and within budget goals.
- Break complex problems down into actionable solutions which can be completed by developers in 1 or 2 code sprints and act as guide for developers to help them resolve those tasks.
- Provide effort estimates and inputs into delivery schedule for release planning and project management.
- Ensure all code is committed, and that the team exhibits all best practices, including holding regular code review and scrum meetings.
- Ensure business continuity and adequate disaster recovery processes.
- Generate and submit departmental reports as at when due.
- Document and present development plans to management or project management office and answer any queries.
- Continually research new technologies and introduce innovative solutions, products and service offerings.
- Enhance, document and maintain process and procedures for the team.
- Ensure ruthless commitment to impeccable code quality.
- Define coding standards and provide guidelines to developers.
- Maintain code repositories and ensure consistency in work submitted by developers
Desired Skills and Experience
- 6+ years of experience as both a hands-on architect and a software engineer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering (further education is a plus).
- Understanding of Webservers (Apache, Tomcat, IIS).
- Experience with Cloud architecture (cloud hosting, AWS, Azure).
- Leadership experience in creating, deploying, and iterating excellent software.
- Team based thinking in creating high quality software.
- Quick learner that is able to quickly gain deep product knowledge and actively contribution to production issues irrespective of the development language.
- Proficiency in TDD is desired but not mandatory.
- Proven managerial skills with experience in managing medium to large size teams.
- At least 5 years of experience in hands-on Java or .NET programming.
- Strong Knowledge of PHP, HTML, CSS and jQuery.
- Deep understanding of a wide range of the latest technologies and architectural approaches.
- Proficiency in Agile, SDLC, or SLA.
- Proficiency in SOA, EDA, and design patterns.
- Proficiency in Linux/Windows Server operating systems.
- Proficiency in Relational Database Management Systems (Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL).
- Outstanding leadership skills.
- Must display willingness to work longer hours to achieve organizational goals.
- Enthusiasm and high level of motivation.
- Good ethics and high level of integrity.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Highly organized and pay extraordinary attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to act quickly and pragmatically under pressure to priorities and resolve issues.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and cover letter to: email@example.com
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 25th May, 2016.