Communications Associate Jobs at eHealth Systems Africa in Nigeria 2015
eHealth Systems Africa – A Communications Associate is being hired by the Information and Communications Technology for Saving One Million Lives (ICT4SOML) Initiative to provide communications and administrative support for its activities in coordinating the strategic and systematic scale-up of ICTs to achieve the goals of Nigerian Government’s Federal Ministry of Health (FMoH).
Saving One Million Lives (SOML) was launched in October 2012 to prevent the deaths of one million pregnant women, new mothers, newborns, and children under 5 by 2015. The United Nations Foundation, with funding from Norad, has partnered with GSMA and Intel to support the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and the Federal Ministry of Communication Technology (FMCT) in Nigeria around the strategic planning and organized nationwide scale-up of ICTs to achieve the goals of the FMoH through the SOML initiative.
The company requires the service of suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Associate
- Provide logistics support for events planning and day to day program operations.
- Be responsible for vendor and consultant management and liaison.
- Support the dissemination of ICT4SOML activities through blog posts, Facebook, Twitter and other social media and media platforms.
- Work with the Sr. Communications Advisor and SOML communications contact to ensure alignment of messaging and communications strategy.
- Support knowledge management and online collaborative activities within ICT4SOML, including managing online collaboration and document sharing tools/platforms (Google groups), and other online tools as needed.
- Manage the ICT4SOML mailing list of component groups and making sure they are up to date.
- Provide general administration and Health ICT (ICT4SOML) communication tasks as maybe delegated
- Relevant degree plus at least 2 years of relevant experience. (NYSC members are encouraged to apply)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team atmosphere and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Proven communication ability, with advanced ability to use social media (Twitter, Facebook. LinkedIn, and blog posts).
- Must be a polished writer with ability to track and document changes with strong editing skills; good note taking ability will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be comfortable with emerging trends and technology in health.
- The candidate must have strong presentation and analytical skills.
- Experience working with virtual and international teams. Experience coordinating and using online collaboration tools (Google documents, Dropbox, Basecamp etc).
- Self-starter with the ability to take on multiple activities simultaneously while adhering to tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- High degree of professionalism, along with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required, with advanced knowledge of and proficiency in the Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s with cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org