Deep Blue Energy Services Limited Vacancy For: HSE Engineer In Nigeria 2014
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), a resource and solution management company is currently recruiting for the position of an HSE Engineer. We are specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries. The senior management and staff of DBESL have more than twenty years (20 years) experience in successfully operating in the Sub-Saharan African market, during which we have created innovative, user friendly solutions that have opened up new markets and increased the profitability of our clients. We provide a one-stop solutions shop to challenges experienced by our clients
We are recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: HSE Engineer
Location:Lagos, Nigeria, Africa
Activities The HSE Engineer will report on permanent basis to project HSE Leader. The Service holder will have the responsibility to monitor the implementation of Company HSE Contractual requirements. The Service holder is directly responsible to:
- Under the guidance of the HSE Leader, monitor the implementation of the approved Contractor and sub-contractor project HSE plans and referenced procedures including bridging documents
- Prepare and attend all HSE Meetings with Contractors and sub-contractors.
- Participate in Risk Assessment, Project Technical Reviews (PTRs) and Service Safety Analysis studies dedicated to installation and construction activities across sites and ensure they comply with related General Specifications and Guide manuals.
- Consolidation, Monitoring and reporting the HSE performance of the project
- Undertake site HSE audits & inspections, and ensure corrective action recommendations are conclusively closed-out.
- Must be able to attend to HSE Technical meetings, Technical Queries and fall out of HAZID, TRA Risk Analysis and PRAs in the absence of the HSE Leader
- Ensure Hazard identification/reporting, accident reporting and investigation are continuously undertaken
- Ensure and Monitor Close out of open items in SYNERGI & Action Tracking Register.
- Take part in the preparation and attend the meetings of all site HSE committees
- Ensure Drills are conducted frequently to test the Emergency Arrangements of all Sites.
- Be able to attend to HSE Issues arising from Installation & Fabrication Activities
- To monitor the implementation of control measures identified during risk analyses while carrying out the construction activity.
- To assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents at Contractors yards to determine their underlying causes
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superiors. HSE
- To fully comply with office security, health and safety instructions.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
The Service holder shall be fully accountable and directly responsible for:
- Monitoring of implementation of approved Project HSE Plan and contractual HSE requirements in all project activities within the project package under the
- Implementation of safety and security awareness and promotion of best practices with adequate emphasis on the 12 Golden Rules.
- Supervision of Health, Safety, Environment and Security activities and reporting of related performance
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Graduate Bachelor’s Degree (BSc) or equivalent in any engineering or physical science, and formal training in HSE with recognized qualification or certification.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in the Oil and Gas production projects, with minimum 3 years on position(s) of similar HSE responsibilities with technical background.
- Knowledge of risk assessment techniques.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Words, Excel, PowerPoint, etc).
- Fluent in English language and ability to communicate well at all levels within the Company. In addition, the candidate must possess very good planning, presentation, negotiations and organizational skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: