April 2016 Executive, Business Development – GE Transportation Nigeria at GE Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Number: 2553128
Location: Lagos and Abuja
Business: GE Transportation
Business Segment: Transportation
- The Executive, Business Development will be responsible for developing and executing growth opportunities for GE Transportation in Nigeria, through collaboration with global, regional and country teams.
- The primary objective of the role is to deliver against business priorities and develop key relationships, with a focus on developing relationships with relevant Nigerian government and business stakeholders. This position reports to the CEO, GE Transportation SSA.
- Develop key strategies that enable GE Transportation as Nigeria’s development partner for rail transport
- Build GE brand and understanding of GE capabilities and domain expertise with senior government officials, partners and influencers
- Provide leadership on strategic business development opportunities that require broad internal cross functional engagement with government, customers, partners and external parties.
- Support strategic structuring and establishment of relationships, including financial and operating, to enable business opportunities for the business in country.
- Provide expert advice on the workings of the government institutions and decision-making procedures to related stakeholders.
- Support sales to government related entities by helping sales teams tailor GE bids to government needs, marshaling government support and advocacy for GE’s bids, and utilizing governmental financing
- Ensure GE’s point of view is taken into account as governments and international organizations consider transportation (rail) policies, laws, and regulations.
- Accountable for identifying legislative and business risks, emerging regulation, and implement interventions to deal and minimize impact on Business.
- Accountable for developing and directing internal and external stakeholder engagement & partnerships related to government relations matters which have impact on the business
- Graduate Degree in Business, or International Public Policy, International Law or combination thereof
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in working on country policy issues, with experience working with a global corporation or with a law or consultancy firm;
- Experience and understanding of Nigeria’s economic development; significant experience in working with senior government officials, especially in the areas of economic planning, finance, and trade.
- Previous experience in Government or regional organization would be viewed as a significant advantage. Strong relationships with government officials and influencers.
- Deep knowledge of government institutions, regulation, policies and priorities. Previous experience in the area of funding programs would be a significant advantage.
- High level of understanding of regional government decision-making process and procedures.
- High level of influencing skills combined with an ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment (both cross-functionally and globally)
- Advanced communication skills – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to think and lead on a strategic level within a complex organization
- Ability to deal effectively with people and work in diverse teams
- Ability to anticipate trends and manage risk
- Ability to identify and have access to key government and policy decision makers
- Commitment to conducting GE’s business affairs with the highest integrity, including strict adherence to applicable laws but also in a manner consistent with GE’s values, which often go beyond mere legal compliance
- Experience developing and executing an Advocacy strategy
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online