May 2017 Graduate Primary Health Care Doctor Fresh Job at FHI 360 – Dikwa
Graduate Primary Health Care Doctor Current Job Position in Dikwa May 2017
Job Opening For A Graduate Primary Health Care Doctor in Dikwa May 2017
FHI 360, is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Primary Health Care Doctor
Job ID: 18587
Location: Digwa, Borno
- Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity.
- FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
- FHI 360 is expanding its expertise by responding to this humanitarian crisis through integrated WASH, Health and Protection interventions
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The Doctor will triage, examine, diagnose and treat patients in need of primary health care at the FHI 360-funded medical clinic. Based on the diagnosis, the doctor will prescribe appropriate treatment to patients and suggest follow up as required.
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team of international and national staff to provide high quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Provides accurate diagnosis, treatment and management of patients in a primary health care setting
- Assesses patients and refers them for specialized health care (as required)
- Participates in the delivery of quality health care to patients in a primary health care setting
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participates in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Provides health education to patients
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized (if any)
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensure adequate infection prevention and control standards are maintained at all times.
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. training, mentoring)
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
- 1 to 3 years work experience as a medical officer
- Must be fluent in English and Hausa
- Must be a licensed Medical Doctor
- Previous experience working with a humanitarian organization is desirable.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package
Application Closing Date
21st May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online