Graduate Human Resources Assistant At recruitment in FHI 360 In Maiduguri May 2017
Human Resources Assistant Job Recruiting In Maiduguri May 2017
Human Resources Assistant Job Position In Maiduguri May 2017
creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Job ID: 18616
- FHI 360 is seeking a Human Resources Assistant for Northeast Nigeria which is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance.
- These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- The role of the HRA is to support the IHANN project and to ensure sound HR administration and reporting by carrying out professional HR support related to operations management in Maiduguri.
- Provides employee and Human Resources staff support in several functional areas including recruitment, HRIS and training & development. Maintains employee hardcopy and softcopy HRIS files.
- Inputs employee personal data into human resources information system (HRIS) database and generates reports as needed for HR staff. Processes various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire.
- Coordinates interviews, maintains visa files and may provide updates to recruiting system files.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the administration of Human Resources of IHANN project.
- Support recruitment processes and prepare/post job advertisements, screen applications, arrange interviews, liaise with candidates and administer pre-employment tests as required
- Prepare employee, internship and consultancy contracts and follow-up to get the required documentation
- Organize the administrative induction of newcomers (briefing of new staff on HR policies and procedures)
- Responsible for HR reporting monitoring, build and update specific HR information, reports and checklists (employees’ list, headcount, entry/exit checklists, turnover, consultants tracking, etc.)
- Support on ad hoc projects to reinforce collaboration/information sharing between HR, Finance and IT teams and help reinforce the overall general support services
- Look for opportunities for improved HR administration effectiveness.
- Support the entire administrative employee lifecycle from entry to exit (contracts preparation, contracts’ amendments, registration to insurances, pension, AVS, Family Allowance, work permits)
- Manage the filing and archiving of documents (hardcopy and electronic filing)
- Performed any other tasks assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business/Public Administration or equivalent with 3-5 years relevant experience working in an established HR international environment
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience with HR in an international development organization is an advantage.
Skills & competencies:
- Fluent English
- Ability to work on several projects/duties simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Developed IT skills (especially MS Office, Excel)
- Strong team player who can also work independently
- Hard working, conscientious and flexible
- We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply