Growing Property Management Company recruiting Jobs For Accountant in Lagos Nigeria 2014
A growing property management company located in Lagos is looking for an Accountant to reinvigorate their team.
Candidate will be responsible for managing a full cycle property accounting desk. Duties will include monthly and quarterly financial statement preparation as well as preparing the year end audit requirements. This company is aggressively looking for an accountant who can be intuitive and seek out ways where the employer can improve processes.
· Preparation of financial statements in a timely and accurate manner, including completion of the following:
· Be able to handle a portfolio of properties from institutional clients.
· Preparation of all journal entries with appropriate supporting back-up documentation
· Preparation of supporting work papers for all balance sheet accounts (prepaids, deferred rent, lease concessions, fixed assets, depreciation/amortization, accruals, etc.).
· Reconciliation of all bank statements on a timely basis, with follow-up and resolution of all reconciling items in the next accounting month.
· Review and approval of all payables batches prior to check processing.
· Preparation and review of the annual budget.
· Preparation and review of quarterly/mid-year financial statements.
· Mentoring and training of new employees as well as involve mentin on-going training within the company and department..
· Management of the organization’s bank accounts and banking relationships, ensuring that these relationship are of benefit to the organization.
· Assist with special projects as determined by the Director.
· Participation in staff meetings and department related special projects.
· Tax administration covering company income tax, value added tax (VAT),
Withholding Tax, Personal Income Tax, rendition of returns to tax offices and liaison with relevant tax offices in resolving issues related to tax computational objections and queries.
Desired Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
· Minimum of 3years experience in Management Accounting.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and peach tree accounting package
· Possession of ICAN certificate is an added advantage.
· Detailed oriented and strong organizational skills
· must be able to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment while meeting required reporting deadlines
· Positive attitude and possess the ability to respond quickly to others
Interested candidate should forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly note that only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.