Opportunity For Application Developer in Lagos ,March 2018
Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners – Our client, a Lagos based Bank, is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Developer
- The application developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the group.
- This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based solutions with technologies like JAVA, .NET and related technologies and also strong in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL and Oracle Databases.
- The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
Application Developer Requirements/Responsibilities
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- 5+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- 5+ years delivery experience with Java.
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
People Management and Development:
The successful will also be required to possess the following:
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics.
Application Developer Experience and Qualifications
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc, B.A), Computer Science, Computer or Electronic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- 5 – 8 years delivery experience with Java or .NET technologies
- Extensive experience with Oracle database
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV’s in MS word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Application Developer (Java) or. (NET) ” as subject depending on skill type.
Application Deadline 16th March, 2018.