May 2016 Job Vacancy for a Head of School in an International School in Abuja
Job Position: Head of School in an International School in Abuja
An outstanding International School in Abuja seeks a dynamic, instructional and transformational leader with a proven record of delivering high quality educational outcomes. The successful
candidate will be an effective manager and leader with strong communication skills and innovative vision for education that is aligned with the mission and vision of the school. The successful candidate will be well versed in UK GCSE curricula and similar examination boards as well as best practices for effective instruction. S/he will lead the School, managing change, inspiring innovation and promoting excellence in all areas of educational practice.
Job Title: Head of School
This is for an Immediate Start.
• Option to extend for a further, Three (3) year contract, renewable based on the
Candidate’s demonstrating strategic leadership and overall performance.
Nature of Role
The Head of School leads the teaching and administrative teams of the entire School and reports to the Board of Governors.
Dimensions of the Role:
• The Head of School leads and manages the activities of students and teachers in line with the mission statement and vision of the School in the following areas: ‐ Pastoral care, academic performance, classroom practice, staff management, budget and administration.
• The Head of School is responsible for the relationship and interaction of the students, staff and parents. Implicit in the role of Head of School is involvement and leadership in all school initiatives, responsibilities, events and program.
• Leadership of the pastoral care program.
• Maintaining the highest standards of student behaviour and presentation.
• Team leadership within the School.
• Student leadership program.
• Manage the transition of students between the year levels and new student to the School.
• Development of structures and processes to enable priorities to be achieved.
• Promotion of the School within the parent and wider community.
• Lead the team of pastoral care tutors and classroom teachers.
• Management of staff performance in the School.
• Pursuit of academic excellence and curriculum development.
• Organization and administration of the School’s operation and environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is Negotiable & Tax Free in USD($), includes housing, steward, car, driver and utilities.
Information will be made available to shortlisted Candidates.
Required skills or credentials
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in education and a master’s degree in a relevant discipline.
• Typically should have spent several years as a teacher in a classroom.
• Must have at least five (5) years’ educational management experience
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply