May 2017 New Vacancies at the International Committee of the Red Cross In Abuja
International Committee of the Red Cross New Opportunities In Abuja May 2017
International Committee of the Red Cross Several Positions In Abuja May 2017
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer – Cash Transfer Program
- Responsible for ensuring correct documentation and filling system (photocopying, scanning, updating lists, archiving) for the cash transfers to beneficiaries as per ICRC CTP procedures in Nigeria
- Ensure timely receipts of cash transfer reports from FSPs, compile the reports and reports on discrepancies, if any. Follow on the discrepancies and report accordingly.
- Facilitates funds transfer to beneficiaries which includes preparing Payment request (if advised), passing documentation to Finance for payments, and follow up with Finance and Financial Service Providers on relevant cash transfer
- Arranges meetings, prepare meeting minutes and disseminate minutes to all relevant stake holders.
- Follows up on eventual problems and suggests improvement in any part of the CTP.
- Provides support to the field teams for cash distributions, which may require frequent field travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance any other field.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of Hausa and/or Fulani is an asset
- Previous experience of managing / handling cash transfers to beneficiaries under cash transfer program working for Logistics or Finance department, highly preferred.
- Strong experience of managing filling systems and record keeping.
- Minimum 1 year experience of managing logistics tasks in a large setup and good experience and or understanding of distributions and procurement.
- Minimum 1 year experience of dealing with Suppliers and Financial Service Providers, etc.
- PC literate: Good command on Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power point, etc.)
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Willingness to learn
- Responsibility and Autonomy
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Very good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to express views and ideas
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic CTP procedures
Job Title: Purchaser
- Responsible for the procurement of requested goods and services for the ICRC Sub Delegation in Maiduguri as well as for the ICRC Office in Damaturu
- Undertakes any needed regularisation/correction in Procurement files.
- Ensures that the Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) contain all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions.
- Receives, plans and prioritizes orders from various internal departments and ensures that their electronic and hard copies filing are up-to-date
- Keeping abreast of market trends and evolutions and checks the market for potential new suppliers together with requesting departments
- Follows up procurement to make sure deadlines are met; informs requesters in case of problems
- Liaises with various internal departments for the purchasing forecast
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing or similar field.
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial/Engineering or humanitarian sector.
- Advanced conversational and written English and Hausa.
- Computer literate: Microsoft office package.
- Has the following competencies: Adapting & Learning quickly, sense of responsibility & autonomous
- Honest & Trustworthy.
- Good Negotiation skills, Communication (Ability to express views and ideas)
- Good knowledge of the local market.
- Capacity to understand and integrate the ICRC logistic procedures in transparent manner
- Flexible and a team player, hard-working and can work under tight deadlines during emergencies.
- Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter, Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate the Job Position you are applying for and the Location, example “Logistics Officer CTP Abuja” as the subject of your application