March 2016 Bridge International Academies Job for an Officer, Physical Planning
Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality
education that will allow their children to live a very different life. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and will be launching operations in Nigeria in September 2015.
Development at Bridge
Our Development group (real estate, legal, physical planning, construction) owns the life cycle of academy expansion, from identifying potential land deals in our communities through to constructing academies, sometimes several dozen at a time. A critical lynchpin in this process is physical planning – where Bridge ensures that land-use is appropriately executed with the necessary government bodies.
Job Title: Officer, Physical Planning
About the role
We are looking for an Officer, Physical Planning that will be at the heart of ensuring that our academy sites have appropriate planning approvals from the relevant government bodies. You will be in the field working tirelessly to ensure that our processes are moving forward.
What you will do
- Drafting physical planning documentation/organizing the collection of information, and lodging the documents with the necessary government bodies
- Following up with relevant parties to ensure smooth approval processes
- Ensuring that headquarters is fully informed of progress/any challenges
- Executing on targets in a timely fashion
What you should have
- Degree(s) in planning from university
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in physical planning
- Strong understand of building/planning codes in Lagos and elsewhere in Nigeria
- Appropriately registered with the relevant professional bodies
- Very detail-oriented, organised, and hands-on; willing to travel frequently at short notice to get things done
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply