June 2016 Current Job Openings at Pathfinder International
is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations, and paving the way for transformations in environmental stewardship, decreases in population pressures, and innovations in poverty reduction. Pathfinder provides women, men, and adolescents with a range of quality health services-from contraception and maternal care to HIV prevention and AIDS care and treatment. Pathfinder strives to strengthen access to family planning, advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all of our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Job Title: Family Planning Advisor
Pathfinder is seeking a Senior Family Planning Advisor candidate for the USAID Integrated Health Program. This program is intended to contribute to state-level reductions in under-five mortality and maternal mortality, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and/or private) to sustainably support quality primary health care services:
The Sr. FP Advisor contributes to the global effort of Pathfinder International to improve the health and well-being of women, newborns and children through the promotion of healthy behaviors, increasing access to FP and RMNCH services, and fostering more gender equitable and RH supportive community norms. The FP Advisor will support the high-quality technical implementation of Pathfinder’s project.
- Provide technical assistance to Federal, State and Local Governments to develop and roll-out a national FP and RMNCH Strategy and Guidelines.
- Support Federal, State and Local Governments to develop/finalize national training curricula for FP and RMNCH services, including adding content related to married adolescents, and coordinate national training of trainers.
- Provide technical assistance to Federal Ministry of Health in Nigeria to tailor national and community health worker strategies to reach young married women and their partners with FP and RMNCH information and services.
- Facilitate training of community-based distribution agents in healthy timing and spacing of pregnancy and effective communication and counselling around contraception and fertility for young women and their partners.
- Support facility refurbishment, commodity procurement and supply chain management.
- Develop guide for engaging male partners of young women via small groups and household visits using existing Pathfinder resources and other partner resources.
- Provide technical support to local partners to tailor community outreach strategies to address community norms around FP, RMNCH, gender, and fertility.
- Monitor implementation of activities and data collection by local partners and provide supportive supervision to improve quality of program activities.
- Maintain communication with Pathfinder Headquarter technical advisors to build skills in FP and RMNCH, discuss and address challenges, and ensure that Pathfinder resources and approaches are being applied throughout the project.
- Represent Pathfinder International in technical working groups, meetings, and other forums.
- Participate in project quarterly and annual review meetings as well as report writing.
- Master’s degree in health, population, demography, social sciences or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in implementation of FP and RMNCH programs tailored to women, newborns and children.
- Technical knowledge of contraception and gender and other FP and RMNCH issues facing young people, and particularly young married women and first time parents, in Nigeria.
- Proven ability to provide technical assistance and support to Federal, State and Local Governments and local partners in the areas of FP and RMNCH.
- Experience training health care providers, outreach workers, or peer educators.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively and broadly to envision, create and implement a program.
- Client-focused, with the ability to facilitate strong working relationships between colleagues, donors, government officials and community members.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills; emphasis on priority setting and completion of simultaneous tasks.
- Computer literacy (Word) and email (Outlook) required.
- Fluency in English required.
- Ability and willingness to travel In-county.
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of working in Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply for this Position
Job Title: AYSRH Advisor
Pathfinder seeks an Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive Health (AYSRH) Advisor for the USAID Integrated Health Program in Nigeria. This program is intended to contribute to state-level reductions in under-five mortality and maternal mortality, and to increase the capacity of health systems (public and/or private) to sustainably support quality primary health care services:
The AYSRH Advisor will work across technical areas to help build capacity to implement strategic AYSRH interventions and activities in line with project objectives. In addition s/he will support Pathfinder’s visibility as a technical leader in AYSRH through participation in technical consultations and meetings, development of presentations and publications, and contributions to technical dialogues. S/he will also contribute to Pathfinder’s learning around AYSRH, including fostering cross-country learning, conducting analysis of activities, and contributing to technical documentation.
- Provides technical assistance in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of AYSRH activities on the project.
- Provides capacity building in AYSRH to Pathfinder staff and local partners including Federal, State and Local Governments.
- Participates on both country support and technical teams and task forces
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with counterparts in other agencies (e.g., USAID, international NGOs, and other service delivery projects/organizations).
- Participates in listserves or meetings related to AYSRH, and disseminates technical updates, best practices, and lessons learned to HQ staff and country office.
- Supports AYSRH advocacy activities in country.
- Works with partner organizations (both government and NGO) and other stakeholders, to design and implement evidence-informed strategies.
- Works with Pathfinder staff to identify new opportunities for Pathfinder to develop innovative approaches in AYSRH programming
- Provides oversight and quality assurance with regard to AYSRH strategies and materials (including supporting development and use of AYSRH quality standards)
- Develops/updates/adapts and/or reviews and/or disseminates AYSRH materials and technical tools and curricula.
- Conducts or coordinates a variety of AYSRH trainings.
- Conducts or coordinates assessments of AYSRH services.
- Ensures research results and best practices related to AYSRH are incorporated into practice and into the project.
- Adopts and disseminates guidelines, standards of practice, protocols and other tools to improve quality AYSRH services
- Masters of Public Health or other related degree
- Minimum of five years related public health/sexual and reproductive health or international development-related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with an emphasis on being thorough, detail-oriented, with ability to multi-task and work under tight time-lines
- Ability to work as a team member with minimal supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as design and layout programs
- Demonstrated technical expertise in AYSRH
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights, contraception and HIV and AIDS issues, programs and projects
- Commitment to the mission, vision and values of Pathfinder International
- Strategic thinker with ability to write clearly and express complex concepts
- Experience working in a developing country, preferably Nigeria
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply for this Position