August 2016 Guest House Manager New Position At Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited In Lagos
Job Opportunity: Kempt Harkulson Nigeria Limited In Lagos Guest House Manager
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Guest House Manager
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the guest house including the Head Chef, Maintenance Supervisor and Operations Supervisor (support staff e.g. cleaners, cook, housekeepers etc) as well as lodging & stock inventory, ensuring cleanliness, maintenance work and attending to guests requests.
- Take guest reservations (check-in, check-out, personal information, rooms, luggage, and security).
- Monitor the need for maintenance, repairs or refurbishing, ensuring that the necessary work is carried out, ensure the cleanliness and order (exterior, lobby, rooms).
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of all reports and administrative work.
- Prepare and submit annual budgetary information and updates as required.
- Monitor trends within the industry and make suggestions how these could be implemented.
- Ensuring security is effective, carrying out inspections of property and services and ensuring compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Business Development for corporate clientele to ensure the guesthouse meets their sales target.
- Monitor maximum room occupancy within agreed overbooking policy.
- Verify and update billing as required, including monitoring and filing prior-approval limits, confirmations, and purchase orders, perform basic financial management, including updating balance sheets.
- Appraise the performance of staff, identifying and addressing areas for development and training.
- Carryout training for guesthouse staff to maintain standards obtainable in the industry.
- Perform other duties as appropriate and required from time to time.
- Minimum first degree in any Social Science course, a degree or Post Graduate degree in Hotel and/or Hospitality management or related field is an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, especially when dealing with speakers of other languages.
- A professional manner and calm, rational approach in hectic situations.
- Ability to balance customer and business priorities.
- Flexibility and a ‘can do’ mentality, energy and patience.
- Experience in similar role in the hospitality industry with at least 3-5 years of work experience.
- A friendly personality and genuine desire to help and please others.
- Ability to think clearly and make quick decisions.
- Numeracy and logistical planning skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 31st August, 2016.