General Music Teacher Career at Lextorah Limited in Lagos,June 2017
Vacancy For General Music Teacher in Lagos,June 2017
General Music Teacher Career in Lagos,June 2017
Lextorah specializes in enterprise learning technologies and our goal in respect of every project is to harness the internet and latest learning technologies to consolidate Learning, thereby creating unique and memorable educational experience for children of all ages.
We are looking for seasoned and competent candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Music Teacher
- If you love working with children and are passionate and enthusiastic about music, becoming a general music teacher could be the right career choice for you. General music teachers play an important role in bringing the gift of music to their students. They may work with children in public and private schools, from Nursery to Secondary school.
Education and Training
- Music teachers are usually drawn to the profession because they are already accomplished musicians.
- You must be a competent and talented musician to pursue a career as a music teacher.
- To become a music teacher, you must play at least one instrument with a high level of proficiency, although you’ll need to learn additional instruments during your undergraduate studies.
- General music teachers need to have an undergraduate degree or diploma in music, or a teaching qualification, but many teachers also earn Master’s or Doctoral degrees in music performance or Music education.
- General music teachers teach children and adolescents the fundamental principles of music and musicianship skills, such as music theory and basic notation.
- To help children learn these principles, they may teach children how to sing or play easily-accessible instruments, such as drums, recorders or xylophones. They may teach music in their own classrooms or go to different classrooms throughout the day.
- In addition to teaching, general music teachers must also often direct school musicals or ensembles for public performance, help develop educational programs and collaborate with other teachers.
- General music teachers also try to recognize musical talent in their students in order to encourage them to undertake further musical studies, such as joining a school orchestra or band.
- Responsible for teaching instrumental techniques, scales, sight reading and music theory, the music teachers will help pupils to prepare for music examinations, auditions and live performances.
- Some might even teach students about recording software.
- Responsible for keeping parents up to date on their children’s progress.
- In addition to musical instrument proficiency, a strong background in music theory and musicianship and basic skills, music teachers must also have the ability to work well with, and relate to, children of all ages.
- You must be able to convey your enthusiasm and excitement for music to your students to help instill them with a desire to learn.
- In order to be a successful music teacher, you should also continue your own musical development and participate in musical ensembles during your free time, continuously teach yourself new techniques and develop new teaching methods to help improve and refine your skills on a continuous basis.
- B.A or B.Ed ( Music) or PGDE Music Education
- MUSON Certified.
- While sharing the gift of music can be rewarding and fulfilling, teaching music is not just about music.
- You’ll need to have effective classroom management skills and know how to assess and grade your students’ progress.
- You may need to participate in extracurricular activities or work after school hours to assist students who need extra help. Sometimes, you may have to deal with children who have behavioral disorders or developmental or learning disabilities.
- This requires patience, dedication and a positive attitude, in addition to knowing effective strategies for integrating these students into your classroom.
- Music teachers generally may work full time.
Applications Closing Date
24th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org