May 2017 Job Opening For Chief Accountant at Management Alternatives Limited in Abuja
Job Opening For Chief Accountant in Abuja May 2017
Chief Accountant Opportunity in Abuja May 2017
Management Alternatives Limited – Our client is a direct ICT channel of the MTN Enterprise Business Unit trading on MTN Nigeria SMEs products and services. As part of its consolidation and expansion effort for its operation in Nigeria, MAL is recruiting competent and qualified personnel to be outsourced to the client organization for the below position:
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Reference Code: SDC/MAL/FAM004
Reports to: General Manager
- Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Finance and Accounts Manager will be in charge of the Finance and Accounts department and the entire team.
- He /She will be responsible for performing cost accounting functions, capturing income, generating financial report, budgeting, filing, taxation, business recommendations and other finance and accounting related issues in the Organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly overseeing the Finance & Accounts Department to ensure the timely delivery of organization finances & accounts to management.
- Defining, implementing and monitoring effective financial data management systems. His functions include but not limited to ensuring that the Finance & Accounting tasks are completed accurately and according to deadline schedule for his team
- Coordinate the collation of all vouchers and post using appropriate code in the accounting software.
- Computing and remitting the company’s VAT on sales to the relevant tax authority.
- Reconciling all bank accounts, field operations work and reporting on all monthly.
- Analyzing current financial performance relative to previous years and re-aligning the company’s financial decisions as needed.
- Working closely with all Departments to contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Administer and monitor the day to day financial systems of the organization
- Provide advice to the MD on critical financial matters and communicating these in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Responsible for the supervision of the Account team and ensuring the daily, weekly and monthly tasks are completed accurately and timely
- Maintain client’s data base
- Ensure all cash items are recorded and resolved daily; variance is resolved same day
- Review journal entries for appropriate supporting documentation, remarks, account and amount
- Appropriate and timely communication with departmental units; provide adhoc reports as requested
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Journal entries
- Responsible for accounts receivable activities; invoicing, statements and aging
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet work papers; ensure activity is appropriate
- Prepare and review of financial statements and expenses
- Review all ledger account reconciliations to include: bank statements, assets, liabilities and credit cards.
- Oversee and ensure internal audit standards are met.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education Qualifications, Experience, Skills and Competencies
- A First degree in Accounting or Finance
- An Audit background is an added advantage
- 5years relevant work experience.
- ICAN or ACCA Certified will be an added advantage
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple task.
- Excellent Knowledge of Accounting policies and Procedures
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Proficiency in the use of Accounting Software
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT Skills
- Great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Managements Accounts is essential.
N120, 000 – N130, 000
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one page personal profile and CV’s as a single word document to: email@example.com the subject of the mail should be the Job Title-Job Code