Job Title: Gender Specialist, Power Africa, Nigeria
- Supervise implementation to ensure effective and culturally appropriate methods are used to capture accurate, timely and useful data from ongoing programs.
- Guide development of reports, PowerPoint presentations, on-line media, etc. to share lessons learned and best practices in women’s empowerment and gender equality for diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Minimum five (5) year’s work experience in programming for women’s development or gender with skills and abilities working with women in Nigeria or similar environment.
- Deep understanding of women’s and gender equality issues in Nigeria both at national and local levels.
- gender issues are likely to arise and plan strategically to ensure gender inclusion in activity design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Familiarity with key policies and stakeholders related to women’s and gender equality issues in Nigeria (local and international governmental and non-governmental actors).
- A substantial understanding of gender equality with knowledge of relevant international and national gender and human rights instruments, conventions and legislation is highly desirable.
- Evaluation, data collection and analytical skills required.
- Fluent English is required.
- The candidate must have an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of gender mainstreaming strategies and methodologies and of gender dynamics and complexities and cultural issues/constraints in facilitating women’s participation in development.
- Expertise in strategic gender planning, gender analysis, gender budgeting, preparing/conducting gender impact assessments, and gender mainstreaming is highly desirable.
- S/he shall have an ability to develop and interpret monitoring results of gender-sensitive indicators.
- As a gender specialist s/he will have demonstrated experience in identifying areas where
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.