June 2016 Save the Children Job for a MEAL Officer – Advocacy Pilot In Abuja, Nigeria
Current Job Position: MEAL Officer – Advocacy Pilot At Save the Children In Abuja, Nigeria
education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Officer – Advocacy Pilot – (6 Months Contract)
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- The purpose of this role is to serve as M&E focal point for the advocacy MEAL pilot; to strengthen our advocacy M&E especially towards measuring advocacy influence and impact and improving our strategies to scale up the impact of our deliverables for children.
- The position will also support on-going efforts to strengthen existing knowledge management and learning at the country office level and area/field offices; in cross-cutting themes, as necessary.
Key Areas of Accountability
Manage and maintain country office MEAL resource bases:
- Manage the research/evaluation pipeline and facilitate the quality check and summary of evaluations received
- Ensure research/evaluations are catalogued in an accessible manner to enable technical review and extraction of learning
- Maintain the catalogue of Monitoring and Evaluation training resources
- Support the maintenance and continued improvement of the research registry/lessons learned
Support knowledge management and learning initiatives at the country office:
- Facilitating monitoring, evaluation and learning trainings
- Support the extraction and analysis of learning from a range of data sources
- Develop and use appropriate communication formats and methods for the dissemination of analysed learning
Coordinate the Advocacy MEAL Pilot:
- Represent the MEAL team on all pilot implementation activities
- Participate in the testing of user friendly innovative advocacy MEAL methodology
- Support the development of tools to measure the impact of advocacy which respond to country and member office context
- Support the pre-test of pilot tools and provide comprehensive pre-test report to inform improvements in methodology or design
- Provide technical and administrative support for the pilot capacity building workshop
- Provide support to Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning in cross-cutting themes, as necessary
- To perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the MEAL team
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in related field and 2 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Office applications, web-based applications and advanced statistical package utilization e.g SPSS,STATA-12,DHIS etc)
- Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyze complex data and summarize it for a range of different audiences.
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Good interpersonal skills
- A flexible and initiative-taking attitude with the ability to manage and prioritize workload
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Excellent data management and IT skills, and experience of finding practical ways to manage data using IT solutions; good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment to promote evidence-based learning
- Some knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection methods
- Good understanding of accountability principles in terms of donors and organizational management but critically also to beneficiaries.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please note that this position is a 6 month contract
Application Deadline 28th June, 2016.