June 2016 Information & Communication Technology Supervisor Job at Médecins Sans Frontières
religion, creed or political affiliation.
Job Title: Information & Comm. Technology Supervisor
- Install and maintain systems and communications’ software and hardware according to MSF standards and policies, and support users, in order to ensure the efficient use of ITC systems and equipment.
Mission ITC support
- Together with the Deputy Logistics Coordinator, analyze the ICT needs of the mission, draw up a draft of the ICT budget, and design an adapted strategy aiming to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
- Train log managers, supervisors and radio operators, on daily maintenance tasks and first level support, in order to improve their capabilities and lead time response.
- Provides qualified assistance to users in order to organize and prioritize their data based on their value, in order to optimize the size of data subject to back up.
- Assist the log managers in ITC equipment inventory & labeling
- Provide a help desk support and training to users (on software, hardware, telecom problems, etc.) in order to satisfy their needs, ensure fluent communications in the mission as well as the correct use, maintenance and running of IT equipments and networks.
ITC Maintenance, Repair & Security
- Plan and provide network security to ensure that appropriate access points are used internally on the LAN/WLAN’s, and to prevent intrusions.
- Identify and implement Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, checkup, deployment of applications, systems or new ITC standards, etc.).
- Ensure questions and problems related to ITC are solved (if appropriate, according to MSF policies and procedures in force at any time).
- Manage and update a small stock of spare parts and replacing obsolete materials when necessary, of ICT environments, telecom and hardware equipments, according to MSF policies and procedures in place at any time.
- Participate in preparation of ITC equipment to be sent for repair: description of problem on the repair form, cleaning & packaging.
- Manage and execute security management protocols (anti-malware updates and software patching; firewall protection; radio protection, etc.) in order to ensure an immediate operational recovery/continuity in case of emergency and data security availability.
- Together with log managers supervise the regular Backup process for all the missions.
- Manage and provide corrective and preventive maintenance activities (check-up, cleaning, etc.).
- Manage and provide updating and upgrading activities in order to ensure that all the users and their equipments on the network are standardized with respect to virus protection, software, and hardware and network configuration.
Local market assessment (ITC equipments & service providers):
- Compares quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize the procurement decisions and ensure local assistance.
- Reports and refer unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
- Provide visit report and monthly report to be sent to the deputy logco and the log manager
- Advanced diploma in IT
- Desirable degree in technical engineering.
- Desirable experience in MSF.
- Desirable at least 1 year experience on similar position
- Essential, working knowledge of English and good command of ICT English. .
- Administration of Operational Systems (W7, W10)
- MS Office 2007/2010
- Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Desktop, Laptop and devices
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Use and realization of Image Disk
- Antivirus: Kaspersky
- Radio HF & VHF/ Antennas: installation, frequencies programming
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, wifi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and Devices
- Good knowledge of electrical appliances
- Stress Management
- Interest for MSF
- Abuja based but 70% of the time on the different field project (Jahun, Maiduguri, Port Harcourt, new project)
- 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
How to Apply
Submit your CV, copies of qualifications and a cover letter with contact details to the MSF Admin’ Office in Abuja (No 26 Olu Agabi Close Life Camp, Gwarimpa District) (“Application Box” at the Watchmen Desk). (WITH REF ICT SUPERVISOR 2016.)
Applications can be submitted in person or by email to: email@example.com
Deadline for the submission of applications: 17TH JUNE 2016.
Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
NB: only successful applicants will be called for interview.
Notice: No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process. MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.