April 2016 Entry Level Accounting/Finance Graduate Jobs at Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps, An International Humanitarian Organization is looking for a suitable candidate to fill a very strategic position within our humanitarian team in Gombe.
We are looking for a motivated individual, who is enthusiastic about the work we do and is looking to work within a dynamic team.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Gombe, Nigeria
- The finance intern will be based in Gombe, and will be providing day-to-day support to the finance operations in Gombe under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer based in Gombe. As part of the responsibilities of the Finance intern, the successful candidate will undertake finance and administrative duties, working in close collaboration with programs and operations teams.
- S/he will promptly and effectively provide all the required support to the finance, programs and operations unit so as to deliver the assistance to beneficiaries in a timely, compliant and transparent manner.
- Support collation/scanning of vendor documents for approval and review
- Act as receiving officer for Finance office and maintain relevant documents
- Support the team during end of month process.
- Understudy all finance processes especially payment process and uploading to navigator
- Support in obtaining tax receipt from tax office
- Support in filling of finance vouchers daily and organizing all finance documentation
- Stamping of vouchers and collation of relevant documents to support each voucher.
- Acts as liaison officer between Mercy Corps finance and third party such as banks , remittance offices e.t.c
- Any other responsibilities as may be necessary.
At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following knowledge and skills:
- Ability to process vendor payments especially as regard e-voucher transfers
- Ability to effectively manage an office filling system
- Knowledge of what constitutes good support documents for financial transactions
- Learn to manage relationship with external parties to an organization such as banks, tax office etc
- If possible be able to use navigator accounting package
- Collate, scan and send all vendor documents for approval and fiancé review
- Effectively and properly arrange finance department documents in a manner that will allow easy retrieval
- Able to use navigator accounting package via Field connection( if possible)
- Stamp all paid documents
Ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A B.Sc or HND in Accounting is essential.
- Ability to learn very fast, meticulous and very detailed.
- An interest in learning the finance ethics and donor compliance is essential
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as not to delay program activities.
- Ability to use a computer well and knowledge of any accounting software will be an added advantage
Terms & Conditions:
- Intern will be expected to support the project 40hrs per week
- Intern will be expected to strictly adhere to Mercy Corps rules, regulation and work ethics
- Intern will be given support and mentoring from his/her supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All applications must include the position title in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
As part of our community empowerment opportunity applicants from Gombe are strongly desirable
Application Deadline 8th April, 2016.