May 2017 Field and Plant Operations Manager Career at Monsanto Company in Abuja
Recruitment For A Field and Plant Operations Manager in Abuja May 2017
Field and Plant Operations Manager Recent Nigerian Job in Abuja May 2017
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Field and Plant Operations Manager
Req ID: 01IE8
- This position will manage and ensure a sustainable and cost effective supply of high quality Corn seed in Nigeria, by delivering excellence in terms of the required volume of the right products at the right time.
- Provides leadership and direction to production operations.
- Liaise with third parties and Licensees to ensure excellence in production stewardship.
- Promote an actively caring culture for safety amongst all personnel, growers, and contractors. Also ensure legal and corporate Safety compliance for all field and tolling operations in Nigeria.
- Establish annual goals specific to seed production and processing of seed.
- Act as a champion on Human Rights initiatives in Nigeria.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to growers, contractors, and licensees on the production and processing of seed.
- Responsible for the annual field operations budget in the country. This includes ownership of improvement and cost saving projects for the region.
- Build a reliable grower base in the best production areas to ensure a consistent supply of high quality and reliable quantity seed.
- Support the Foundation seed production plan with grower recruitment, field follow up, processing, inventory control and storage.
- Frequent liaison with seed inspection authorities within Nigeria to ensure effective field inspections and seed certification.
- Maintain seed quality through quality control during seed harvesting, processing, bagging and storage.
- Negotiate and establish production contracts and processing agreements.
- Work closely with the Africa planning group in establishing the annual crop plan and manage the consequent field and plant operations to ensure delivery against this plan.
- Maintain close cooperation with other functional and business areas in Nigeria.
- Liaise frequently with other supply chain functions and business units to ensure the reliable supply and delivery of seed in Nigeria.
- Minimum a bachelor degree in agronomy or similar area of expertise
- Hands on experience and technical proficiency in field production and technical proficiency in seed processing activities – 5 years prior experience.
Fluent in English:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Results focused with ability to use own initiative
- Strong teamwork (flexibility to work across functional areas)
- Project management skills
- Leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning ability (Setting appropriate milestones and demonstrating forward progress)
- Establish clear direction and making decisions in a timely manner
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply