Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS)Job Vacancy for an Executive Secretary,in Nigeria July 2014
The Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society (NMGS). founded on 15th January 1961 was officially inaugurated on 17th December 1962 The Society, which is the official umbrella body of all
geoscientists, mining engineers, and metallurgists in Nigeria is an international, nongovernmental and non-profit making professional organization with a membership of about 10.000 professionals The Society also has statutory representation in the Council of the Nigerian Mining Engineers and Geoscientists (COMEG) established by the Federal Republic of Nigeria Act No 40 of 1990.
The above society thus seeks the services of an Executive Secretary
Position: Executive Secretary
- Minimum of a B.Sc. (Hons) degree in the Geosciences obtained from a Geosciences/Eorth Science Department of a recognized University.
- A higher degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be I.T compliant
- A minimum of 10 years working experience in a reputable Geosciences establishment, public or private is required
- Apart from professional practice, evidence of requisite administrative or managerial experience in such organization is compulsorily required.
The successful candidate will be expected to;
- Organize and man the secretariat of the Society,
- Evolve and manage a robust membership interactive database and communicative template,
- Head the administrative organ of the Society,
Any other duties that may be assigned by the President and Council of NMGS from time to time
Applicants are expected to be between 35-50 years of age.
How To Apply
Applications including the contact address, telephone and e-mail inclusive, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of credentials of Applicants are expected to reach the address below On or before 29th July, 2014.
Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society
Sec. P.O Box 30958