May 2016 Consultant OVC Study Coordinator Job Recruitment at Palladium International
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies.
We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium works as a partner on the USAID-funded MEASURE Evaluation Project. In this capacity, Palladium seeks a consultant based in Abuja, Nigeria to coordinate activities for a planned set of surveys that will measure outcomes of programs for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in at least 10 states in Nigeria. The consultant will work as part of a team led by Palladium from its Washington, DC office. The consultant will report to the Palladium activity lead and collaborate with a local research organization based in Nigeria.
The anticipated start date for this position is April 15, 2016 with work continuing through March 2017. Level of effort is approximately 180 days.
- Support study planning and logistics – working with implementing partner and research organizations
- Train data collectors on survey tools
- Support data management
- Conduct quality assurance processes throughout study implementation
- Contribute to technical report writing and presentation of results
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Advanced degree in public health, such as epidemiology, biostatistics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in public health and/or social service research
- Training and certification in research ethics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and local languages
- Experience in planning and managing the operations of large scale household surveys, preferably involving data collection with program beneficiaries
- Experience in training and leading survey teams in rural and urban settings in Nigeria
- Experience in conducting data quality audits and quality assurance processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of OVC programs preferred
- Demonstrated project management and operations skills including team building and team management
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities within a required timeframe
- Ability to travel to and work throughout Nigeria
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
Please include contact information for three references in application.
CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Palladium will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted.