August 2016 Fresh Jobs in Anambra State for a Political Consultant at Nextier Capital Limited
Current Job Openings: Nextier Capital Limited in Anambra
range of services to our clients with a goal of becoming their most trusted advisor.
Nextier Capital Limited is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Political Consultant
Duration: Six (6) months
- Nextier Advisory is seeking to recruit a consultant to work in one of the states in South East region of Nigeria for a period of six months.
- The primary responsibility of the consultant is to carry out research and collect evidence on the current state of affairs in the state.
- The evidence, which will include quantitative and qualitative data, photos, videos, etc., will be used in a political campaign.
- The ideal candidate has excellent analytical, communication and writing skills, has the ability to work in a fast-paced/high-stressed environment, and can meet tight deadlines with limited supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct comprehensive research on the current state of affairs in the target state including, but not limited to, the hopes and aspirations of the citizens, performance of the current administration, economic potential of the state, etc.
- Conduct surveys/polls and analyse the results to provide insights to the campaign
- Digest information into easy-to-understand materials for public consumption
- Create compelling narratives on the current status of the state
- Evaluate the performance of the current administration in terms of revenue generation, financial management, service delivery, quality of life of the people, etc.
Education and Work Experience
- A minimum of a Post-graduate Degree in Political Science, or related field
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills
- Detail-oriented and can work on multiple projects at a time
- A minimum of five years experience in research and data collection, communications, journalism, market research, political science, public policy, or related field
- Experience in a development programme or agency will be an added advantage
Skills and knowledge:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet strict deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Original thinking, the ability to think independently, and problem solve both within the team environment and independently
- Interest and curiosity about the governance challenges facing Nigeria
- Proficiency in Igbo is a bonus
- Superb interview, writing, editing, verbal communication and people management skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment and manage multiple assignments
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letters and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 26th August, 2016.