Business Development Officer Job Career at RusselSmith Group, June 2017
Business Development Officer Job Opportunity in Nigeria,June 2017
Business Development Officer Vacancy Listings in Nigeria,June 2017
A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Job Reference Code: RS-SMD-002
Job Type: Contract
Summary of Functions
- Responsible for sale of the company’s tools & services to both existing and potential customers using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the tools/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation.
- Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs as well as following up on sales leads and developing leads
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets
- Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales with the customer to ensure sales opportunities for products & services.
- Making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads; acting to close deals & finalize contacts
- Contact current and potential customers, visit companies to evaluate needs, and promote sale of services, new and existing company services.
- Research customer needs and develop application of company’s products and services.
- Meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals
- Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels customers
- Establish and maintain ongoing customer relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems. Participate in customer site visits.
- Manage allotted sales account(s) of both existing and potential customers.
- Meet and exceed customers’ service expectations as outlined in the department’s policies and procedures.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner.
- Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth.
- Generate requested or assigned departmental reports
- Represent the Company as a Brand Ambassador.
- Meets and or exceed assigned company sales targets.
- Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies, sales programs, promotions, efforts and events including goal setting.
- Develops service awareness in the marketplace to ensure sustained profit growth of sales in the company.
- Prepares written reports of sales activities including sales orders, backlog, forecasts, lost accounts etc.; provides timely briefings to the Management as necessary or as requested.
- Perform surveys and gather information on behalf of the company.
- Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
- A good university first degree is required.
- 2-5 years
- Experience in sales would be an added advantage
- Good relational and interpersonal skills.
- Good reasoning skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
- Good team spirit and presentation skills
- Good problem solving, initiative and negotiation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
- Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication is essential. Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required. Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment such as computers, calculator, copiers, and FAX machines.
- The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting and out of the office meeting with customers. Activities include extended periods of sitting occasional fast paced events and extensive work at a computer monitor and/or calculator.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply