2017 Irrigation Engineer at SMEC Nigeria
Job Recruitment For A Irrigation Engineer in Nigeria May 2017
Irrigation Engineer Job Opening in Nigeria May 2017
SMEC Nigeria, is a professional services firm with Australian origins and a global footprint that provides high quality consultancy services for major infrastructure projects. SMEC is ranked among the world’s top infrastructure design firms and continues to win industry awards for technical excellence, design innovation and the management of environmental and social risks.
SMEC Nigeria, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Irrigation Engineer
Location: Any City, Nigeria
The Irrigation Engineer will be responsible for:
- Assessing the basin wide irrigable potential identification of irrigation projects and estimation of water requirement. Potential areas suitable for irrigation and drainage projects shall be determined from the analysis of hydro-meteorological factors soils suitability, drainage characteristics, location, topography, copping pattern and water availability.
- Assessment of water use efficiency and rehabilitation needs of existing irrigation schemes. The rehabilitation or replacement needs shall be assessed and analyzed with proposals on changes, outline design and costing.
- Costing and prioritization of irrigation development in the basin and preliminary design and cost estimate for priority irrigation projects.
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Fluency in English mandatory.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Irrigation Engineering.
- At least 15 years of relevant experience in irrigation planning, design and implementation particularity in Africa.
- Excellent technical writing skills in English (mandatory).
- Experience in preparing reports, proposals. and/or publications of international standard.
- Proficient in use of computer software (irrigation-related software, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint. etc.) to produce technically sound and professional looking documents of international standards.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams.
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier Wodc pressure near deadlines.
- Able to travel to different States within northern Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
23rd May, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Application letters to: Nigeria@smec.com