Recent Jobs at SOS Children’s Villages, May 2017
SOS Children’s Villages in Abuja/Lagos May 2017
SOS Children’s Villages New Job in Abuja/Lagos May 2017
State and Kaduna-Kaduna State.
We urgently require skilled individuals to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head of Fund Development & Communication
- The overview of responsibility of the Head of FDC is to effectively manage the FDC department to increase funding and sponsorship opportunities by providing strategic direction which includes corporate fundraising; individual fundraising; local and international sponsorships; institutional partnership development; marketing and communications and data management and analysis.
- Define, implement and fulfil the middle-term FDC strategy in line with the National Strategic Plan; conduct research and analyze trends to conceptualize and formulate innovative ideas for new opportunities for the FDC department
- Position the organization as a strong and consistent brand among existing and potential supporters in line with the vision, mission and values of the organization
- Shape, manage and drive the implementation of an effective outreach and communication campaign to educate and cultivate community support for our brand and improved visibility
- Manage fundraisers’ targets and activities monthly, compile and submit FDC reports as well as provide input into the annual budget through feasibility calculations
- Provide strong leadership and direction to team, set medium to long-term goals/objectives for teams, monitor implementation and foster national capacity building in all areas of fundraising
- At least a first degree in Marketing, Sales, Business Admin, International Business Development and a minimum of 10 years’ experience and 3-5 years managerial experience
- Understanding of NGO’s operations, best practices and market trends
- Understanding of the child and youth development principles [acquire on the job]
- Knowledge of programmes in an NGO environment, strong negotiation, communication and networking skills and knowledge of relevant Nigerian legislation
- Capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously and craft successful funding proposals
- Experience with website and newsletter production and message development
- Understanding of ethical behaviour and business practices and especially in relation to work with OVC
- Strong computer skills – competent with MS office suite, WordPress, Photoshop and design/layout software
Job Title: National Child Safeguarding Coordinator
- The overview of responsibility of the National Child Safeguarding Coordinator is to promote, coordinate and support the implementation of the Child Protection Policy and related child safeguarding policy support documents in the Organization and all its programmes in order to mitigate child safeguarding risks for children and young people who are directly and indirectly cared for and supported through SOS Children’s Villages Programmes
- Strengthen the child protection implementation strategy and promote best practices in the organization.
- Champion, support and develop strategic child safeguarding alliances for the organization.
- Monitor, research and represent the organization on child safeguarding issues in the communities
- Train and develop relevant key stakeholders on child safeguarding matters
- Coordinate implementation of the Child Protection Policy and related child safeguarding policy support documents in the organization
- At least a first degree in Psychology, Social Work, Forensic Science or other related areas.
- At least 5 years of experience in the area of child safeguarding/protection and care for children and young people.
- Strong knowledge of Child Protection and Child’s Right and ability to work with multiple stakeholders, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication, analytical, research, problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Proven project and team management skills as well as a willingness to travel within and outside the country
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply