Technical Malaria Manager, Senior Technical Malaria Officer Jobs at SuNMaP In Nigeria April 2014
Administrative Jobs in Nigeria, HSE Health & Safety Jobs in Nigeria, Management Jobs in Nigeria, Technician Jobs in Nigeria,
Position Available From:
Vacancies: Technical Malaria Manager, Senior Technical Malaria Officer
SuNMaP is DFID-funded seven year programme (2008 -2015) to support the National Malaria Elimination Programme. It currently operates in ten states, namely; Awka, Enugu, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Lagos, Niger, Ogun and Yobe with its headquarters in Abuja. The project is managed by a consortium of three international organizations, namely: Malaria Consortium UK, Health Partners International and GRID Consulting Nigeria.
The objective of SuNMaP is to strengthen the delivery of the Nigeria’s National Malaria control effort by providing technical support to improve the capacity of the National Malaria Elimination programme (NMEP) at all levels. In doing this, the programme is working with stakeholders in the health sector public and private; as well as civil societies and partners from the commercial sector.
The programme has been in operation for over five years and now seeks to employ additional professionals to fill some senior management positions:
Position: Technical Malaria Manager: Anambra
This position will be based in the Anambra office of the programme. S/he will be responsible for providing technical support to the State Ministry of Health and other partners engaged in malaria control effort. The Technical Malaria Manager (TMM) will be involved in the direct implementation of projects for the control of malaria at the State and LGA levels. S/he will coordinate and maintain an oversight of programme activities in the State.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Plan with SMEP and other partners to strengthen delivery of malaria control programme.
- Coordinate planned interventions within supported state in the area of capacity building of health workers within the public and private sector, anti-malaria commodity distribution and logistics management.
- Strengthen the implementation of preventive measures against malaria.
- Coordinate the public sector, private sector and civil society on-site training of health workers and Patent Medical Vendors (PMVs) on malaria diagnosis, case management and referrals.
- Coordinate Behaviour change communication (BCC) and community mobilization interventions.
- Oversee a range of technical assistance in the state to strengthen Health Management Information Systems (HMIS), Logistics Management Information System (LMIS) and commodities monitoring systems in the state.
- Ensure programme monitoring data are regularly collected, collated and fed-back to the Central programme team.
- Monitor access to Long Lasting Insecticidal treated Nets (LLINs) and ACTs through the commercial sector and civil society.
- A Health professional with a Master’s degree in International or Public Health with a minimum of 8-years post-qualification experience in the public health sector in Nigeria/Africa.
- S/he must have experience in malaria, general management and disease control.
- Excellent planning, budgeting and communicating skills are required for this position.
- Previous experience in project management and a strong understanding of health policy formulation and strategy within a donor funding environment will
- be an added advantage.
Position: Senior Technical Malaria Officer: Lagos
The job holder will assist the Technical Malaria Manager (TMM) in providing technical support to State level malaria control efforts and direct implementation of projects for the control of malaria at the state community and grass-root levels. S/he will provide support the TMM in engaging partners for malaria control, capacity building of health workers and coordinate LLINs distribution at the state levels.
- A medical degree and post graduate international qualification in a health related discipline with a minimum of 8years prior experience in public health in Nigeria.
- S/he must have proven technical skills in malaria case management and a significant knowledge of the policies and practices of the Nigerian Ministries of Health.
- Proven training, presentation and writing skills are required for this post. Prior experience in a similar project environment will be an added advantage.
Terms of Appointment:
The appointment term will be for a maximum period of 2-years with an initial 6 months probationary period. The programme offers highly competitive salary packages. Local terms and conditions will apply.
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit an electronic copy of an application letter and an updated CV through the link on our website at: www.gridconsulting.net . All applications must be received by Friday, 11th April, 2014. Interviews will commence thereafter with a view to engaging the best candidates immediately. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for selection tests and interviews.