The African Centre for Innovation and Leadership Development (ACILD) is a development non-governmental organization headquartered in Abuja, Nigeria with offices in Toronto, Canada and Nairobi, Kenya. It was created in response to the dearth of resources available to African scientists to maximize their potential in terms of professional and leadership development.
ACILD is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Part Time Graduate Accountant
- Prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Develop, implement, modify, and document record keeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for our board members and donors.
- Participate in grant development; write reports on grants and other project activities.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, PowerPoint, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Carry out procurement and develop contracts for stakeholders.
- Project management and Research operations.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- At least 1 year experience managing finance and financial records.
- HND/OND/B.Sc in Accounting or similar discipline.
- Ability to use computer hardware and internet.
- Knowledge of accounting software such as QuickBooks, Peachtree.
- Applicant must be resident in Abuja.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
- Coordinate the calendar, travel, meetings, and schedule arrangements for management.
- To coordinate operations of the Nigeria office including, reception, document preparation, control of internal communications, filing and general office maintenance.
- Coordinate meetings as required, including, preparing agenda, circulating papers and taking minutes.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of company events, seminars and workshop.
- Arrange & maintain records and confidential files
- Answer and filter telephone calls.
- Assist with the development/production of communication materials and presentations
- Maintain social media platforms such as the company’s website and Linked-in pages.
- Attend events and meetings on behalf of senior executives where required.
- Staying current with local and other relevant news and prioritizing news items for review of the senior executives.
- Any other such duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by any of the executives which shall not be considered inconsistent with a position of this nature.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent Administrative skills at management level.
- Minimum of 1 year post qualification experience in will be preferable.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and dynamic Executive Assistant.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Respect for confidential information.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Relevant professional qualification will be an advantage.
- Self-motivated individual.
- Team player with a flexible and reliable attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume in one PDF (Word documents would not be accepted) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com Indicate the appropriate subject title. Also, cover letter and resume should not be more than 2 pages.
Note: All applicants that do not meet this criteria would be automatically disqualified. This position is available on part-time basis only.
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2015