May 2017 Senior Country Risk Officer at the African Development Bank Group in Côte d’Ivoire
Job vacancy For Senior Country Risk Officer in Côte d’Ivoire May 2017
Senior Country Risk Officer Job Employment in Côte d’Ivoire
African Development Bank (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Country Risk Officer
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Grade: PL 5
Position N°: 50000935
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the African Development Bank and the African Development Fund.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President; Independent Development Evaluation Department; Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department; Compliance Review and Mediation Unit; Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board; Administrative Tribunal; Office of the Auditor General; Group Risk Management Directorate; General Counsel and Legal Services Department; Communication and External Relations Department; Staff Integrity and Ethics Office and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The Sovereign Division is wite broad mandate of Credit Risk Management Department which assess Sovereign and Non-Sovereign Credit Risks, measure their impact on the Bank’s risk bearing capacity and propose risk mitigation techniques.
- The department develops policies and guidelines, methodologies and systems relating to credit risk assessment and management for the Bank as well as ensures internal consistency of all Bank’s credit risk policies and guidelines including those initiated and developed by other Departments.
- The department also monitors and reporthin ths on compliance with credit policies.
- The Senior Country Risk Officer will monitor credit risks in the sovereign portfolio analysing the evolution of the risk profile and the Bank’s risk bearing capacity and ensures that country risk ratings are timely reviewed and provide advice with respect to lending headroom.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Sovereign Division’s Manager, the Senior Country Risk Officer will:
- Collect and compile data from economic intelligence sources, national and international publications and through missions to Regional Members Countries;
- Perform the computer processing of the annual country risk survey questionnaire coordinated by the Division and generate the country ratings, including quarterly updating of these ratings.
- Monitor compliance with sovereign exposures limits as well as lending program used in country risk profile notes and country strategy papers.
- Undertake data processing and computational work required in support of the quarterly sovereign portfolio credit risk review and the country risk profile notes prepared by the Division.
- Implement and coordinate the annual country risk rating survey and the quarterly updating of the risk rating and review reports.
- Assist with preparation of Special Country Risk notes of individual Regional Members Countries.
- Maintain and operate the Division’s Country Risk databases and ensure their integrity and periodic updating, including developing data presentation formats and/or preparing charts for specific reporting activities.
- Assist with the development of methods for processing and analysing data and perform other related duties in support of enhanced credit risk measurement, assessment, monitoring and management assigned by the Division Manager.
- Assisting with the implementing arrears clearance operations for post conflict countries.
- Maintain a close relationship with key partners, including the Bretton Woods Institutions, to review the Bank Group’s credit management policies and guidelines;
- Develop, review and update methodologies, process and systems for assessing and managing sovereign risk.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Holds a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Risk Management, International Banking or Economics.
- A minimum of Five (5) years of relevant experience related to commercial credit risk assessment and portfolio management. Familiarity with finance project, corporate lending, lending to financial institutions and private equity funds is required. Knowledge of capital adequacy standards is required as well as strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Good knowledge of credit risk management techniques and sophisticated risk mitigation products;
- High level professional knowledge of qualitative and quantitative credit portfolio management techniques and structured credit instruments, risk derivatives.
- Hands-on experience of Sovereign risk assessment, debt relief mechanisms in emerging and frontier markets
- Ability to assess macro-economic data and complex rating models and risk mitigation initiatives.
- Quantitative modelling skills to assess the balance sheet impact of transactions
- Very Strong knowledge of credit risk models, Capital Adequacy requirement and rating agencies models
- Problem solving: Apply business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identify solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization
- Communication: Provide clear and concise oral and written communication; present oral information with clarity and appropriate style and adapts language and style to suit the requirements of a particular audience.
- Operational effectiveness: The Commitment to ensure that full use is made of the systems, procedures and culture within the organization in order to deliver the required results
- Innovation & Creativity: The commitment to search for and produce innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits to the Bank and its clients.
- Teamwork & Relationships: Work with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and contribute to creation of a positive team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
8th June, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online