The Population Council is an international, non-profit, non-governmental institution that seeks to improve the well-being and reproductive health of current and future generations around the world and help achieve a humane, equitable and sustainable balance between people and resources.
Job Title: Project Director (RH-HRH)
1. Master’s, medical degree, or doctoral degree in a social or health science with a minimum of eight years of technical and program development experience and assistance in managing, developing and implementing clinical, social, or economic development research and/or interventions for internationally funded health programs.
2. High level of theoretical and practical expertise in gender and adolescent programming, MCH, and reproductive and sexual health as demonstrated in achievements and positions in previous posts.
3. Solid leadership, management, and staff development skills in order to effectively manage and supervise a diverse range of technical staff.
4. Extended resident work experience in northern Nigeria, and fluency in Hausa language as well as experience in multiple regions of Nigeria are desirable.
5. Willingness to travel internationally and locally with regular extended working visits.
6. Experience in building intervention and research capacity, and in fostering the utilization of research results.
7. Excellent quantitative and analytical skills as well as English language writing ability. Accuracy and attention to detail.
8. Excellent supervision and management skills to oversee finance and accounting staff.
9. Strong organizational skills as well as good communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to handle a heavy workload with competing priorities.
10. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to also function as part of a team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here for more information and to apply