The United Nations Foundation is honored to work with you and the United Nations to foster a more peaceful, prosperous and just world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver/Clerk
Job ID: 4260
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide reliable and secure driving services to the Core Project Unit and CONIG personnel, as required.
- Ensure that all immediate measures required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents
- Learn and comply with all security requirements, when driving and using the vehicle
- Support the project team by providing administrative and clerical support as requested, including in preparing, copying, collating, binding, filing and distributing documents, mail and notifications, as instructed
- Provide logistical and administrative support during events and meetings, as required
- Support hospitality and orientation support of personnel and other individual, especially of new staff and visitors and guests of the Project Unit and the Country Office, as required
- Ensure security and safety at all times especially while driving and respond to radio checks/calls at all times.
- Ensure cost-savings through, amongst others, proper use and accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through minor repairs, timely change of oil, check of tyres, brakes, car washing etc.
- Report any mechanical fault in good time for repairs to be carried out and cross check to see that the repairs were well done.
- At all time, make sure that copies of vehicle insurance including office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit and necessary spare parts are available.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic mechanical knowledge leading to an ability to perform minor repairs of vehicle and also analyze any malfunctions and repairs performed on the vehicle accurately; sound knowledge of the Federal Capital City and its environs as well as good knowledge of some of the main cities in the Federal Republic of Nigeria; basic book-keeping knowledge and understanding, especially with regard to spreadsheets; ease of working in a multi-cultural, multi-dimensional, fast paced environment with competing demands; demonstrates the values of the United Nations, particularly integrity, efficiency, respect for gender and diversity, in daily activities and behaviours; shows pride in work and in assigned role; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of main area of responsibility; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing timeframes and deadlines; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity. Works collaboratively with colleagues within and outside of UNODC; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing:
- Able to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work while prioritizing competing demands; able to work on tight deadlines; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and projects as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks; meets timeframes for delivery of goods, transportation requests, or services to client.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, relevant trade test, and valid driving license
- A minimum of 2 years work experience as driver.
- Sound knowledge of UN and the Federal Republic of Nigeria driving requirements.
- Work experience with the UN or other international institutions with stringent accountability rules would be an asset.
- Demonstrable skills in carrying out minor vehicle repairs are necessary.
- Prior experience working as a driver/clerk in an international, national or NGO office is required.
- Fluency in English, with excellent drafting skills, is essential. Knowledge of other main languages in Nigeria would be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd June, 2016.