Recruitment 2017 At World Trade Organization For Graduate Internship
Job Opportunity For A Graduate Internship in Nigeria June 2017
Graduate Internship Job Position in Nigeria June 2017
The World Trade Organization (WTO) is the only global international organization dealing with the rules of trade between nations. At its heart are the WTO agreements, negotiated and signed by the bulk of the world’s trading nations and ratified in their parliaments.
The goal is to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible.
The World Trade Organization (WTO) currently has job vacancies for the following:
Job Title: Graduate Internship Programme
Vacancy Notice No.: EXT/ISHI/17-30
Division: Administration and General Services Procurement Section
The Procurement Section is responsible for the acquisition process of products and services for the WTO, i.e. to obtain high quality goods, services and works that meet the applicable specifications at competitive prices and within the time frame required, in order to achieve the mandates of the WTO.
The intern will have the following opportunities to:
- 1) participate in, and assist with, the day-to-day operations of the Procurement Section.
- 2) Statistics and Data Analysis including – but not limited to – Purchase Orders, Tenders and granted approvals. The WTO uses Oracle software (ERP system) for its financial management and reporting.
- 3) Assist with creating PowerPoint presentations for the delivery of Procurement related mini-workshops to WTO staff.
- 4) Contribute to miscellaneous projects to be defined based on the needs of the section.
Interns will have completed their undergraduate studies in the administration, purchasing or accounting discipline and shall have completed at least one year of their postgraduate studies.
Excellent speaking and writing skills in English or French. A good working level of the other language would be an asset.
- APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO SUBMIT A COVER LETTER EXPRESSING THEIR INTEREST IN WORKING FOR THE WTO PROCUREMENT SECTION.
- The official languages of the organization are French, English and Spanish.
- Paid interns receive a daily allowance of CHF 60 (including week-ends and official holidays falling within the selected period). No other remuneration of any kind shall be paid.
- Travel expenses to and from Geneva cannot be paid by the WTO, and such travel is not covered by the Organization’s insurance. Interns are also responsible for their own health insurance while they are working at the WTO. The WTO can assist with visa applications where necessary.
- Interns are recruited from among nationals of WTO members, countries and customs territories engaged in accession negotiations.
- APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIT A WRITTEN EXAMINATION
- APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY IF SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.
How To Apply
To apply, please visit the WTO’s E-Recruitment website at: erecruitment.wto.org. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The recruitment policy of the WTO is to seek to attract and retain staff members offering the highest standards of competence, efficiency and integrity.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the WTO gives full regard to merit and diversity.