May 2016 Association for Reproductive and Family Health Latest Job in Abuja for a Transport Officer
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive
Health (SRH), Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, etc. We offer professionals, opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position below in our ESMPIN (Expanded Social Marketing Programme in Nigeria) Project funded by USAID. The project focuses on SRH/Family planning in four North Western States (Jigawa, Katsina, Kebbi and Zamfara):
Job Title: Transport Officer
- Ensure that, at all times project vehicles (and other ARFH vehicles as required) are driven in adherence to all ARFH policies and in line with USAID requirements.
- Ensure that vehicles are checked daily and at other required times, according to established procedures, that regular service schedules are followed, and that all problems are reported immediately, in line with established procedures.
- Keep the vehicles clean and tidy at all times, both interior and exterior. Ensure that all required items (first aid kits, fire extinguisher, spare parts, etc.) are in place, and any missing, damaged or expired items are reported immediately.
- Ensure that all ARFH policies and USAID requirements are followed when storing project vehicles and in the event of a mechanical breakdown, accident, or security incident.
- Maintain a vehicle log book on a daily basis, ensuring accurate and valid entries at all times according to procedures; and ensure that all other required documentation and certifications for the vehicle are kept updated and accessible.
- Provide logistical support as requested by the project office (line manager), such as:
- Delivering notices, mail, parcels, payments, and other items.
- Assisting with minor purchase/procurement activities.
- Other logistical and administrative tasks as requested.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Level of Education – FSC,SSCE, Diploma
- Good verbal communication, listening and teamwork skills.
- Language Requirements: Spoken English-Good; Written English-Good (basic).Must be able to speak Hausa language very fluently.
- Certification of driver mechanic trade test.
- At least 5 years of professional driving on a full Nigerian Driver’s license with excellent knowledge of roads in the northern part of Nigeria.
- At least two years’ experience of professional driving with international NGOs.
- Professional experience in vehicle maintenance/repairs.
- Good understanding of the geography and terrain of Katsina, Kebbi, Jigawa and Zamfara states will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job; to: firstname.lastname@example.org Candidate should indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email .
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional mobile phone numbers on the application letter.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply
Application Deadline 6th May, 2016.