The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position below in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Nigeria:
Job Title: Senior Program Specialist, HIV Care & Treatment, FSN-11/FP-4
Ref: A96119, A96120
Location: Abuja – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Note: All applicants MUST address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- University Degree in Medicine (MBBS or MD) and a post – graduate Degree in Public Health, Medical Fellowship in Internal Medicine, Infectious Diseases, Pediatrics, Public Health, or related field is required.
- Ability to lead project teams, workgroup and to develop effective working relationships with national and international working partners. Ability to exercise considerable innovation during an attempt to influence other collaborative organizations engaged in HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs to adopt appropriate strategies for their program activities is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office, (Word and Spreadsheets) with a strong skills with interpretation of program monitoring and evaluation of data are required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of mid-to-Program level public health experience in developing, implementing and evaluating HIV/AIDS care and treatment programs that involve coordination with an international agency or implementing partner is required. Additional two (2) years of supervisory experience is required.
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of HIV/AIDS treatment and care as well as thorough public health knowledge of current HIV/AIDS issues. Thorough knowledge of Nigeria health care system and structures including familiarity with Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) policies, program priorities and regulations is required.
Hiring Preference Selection Process
When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP**
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
- This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
- If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility.
- If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold the local security certification after selection.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employe(WAE) work schedule
Or – Ordinarily Resident (OR) – N10, 948,692 p.a (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-11
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – Not Ordinarily Resident -AEFM/EFM-US$54,610
(Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-04
Application Deadline 2nd May, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB.
- Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application to: HRNigeria@state.gov
- Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
- All not ordinarily resident applicants must have the required work and residency permits to be eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring officer under chief of mission (com) authority does have to Be assigned officially to post.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, we will only contact applicants who are being considered.