IT Manager Job in an Ultra-luxury Hotel in Abuja,June 2017
IT Manager Employment in Abuja,June 2017
Job Recruiting For An IT Manager in Abuja,June 2017
Job Title: IT Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
The objective for the IT Manager position is to:
- Effectively manage day-to-day support of all IT systems, business systems, office systems, computer networks, and telephony systems throughout the hotel / resort.
- Handle all Information Technology issues, products, and services at the property. Provides user training and support of all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support.
- Also maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licenses, and reviews maintenance agreements.
Role / Responsibilities
- Responsible for smooth functioning and co-ordination of vendors for Guest Internet, Property Management Systems – PMS, Point of Sale – POS, IPTV, Telephony systems and other software vendors.
- Identifies and implements solutions to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment.
- Ensure that policies and procedure relating to PCI compliance are updated.
- Maintain a system error / progress log book and deals with reported problems.
- Ensure that IT Audit points are implemented as per relevant Standard operating Procedures.
- Monitor and maintain proper inventory of hardware and software license.
- Maintains IT Security Policies and ensure implementation through regular staff training
- Update team with latest hotel technology and security risks on a regular basis.
- Perform other IT or Systems related task assigned by the management
- Prepare & Implement Preventive Maintenance Schedule for all IT hardware & Software
- Plan, assign and take the report from the IT team
- Handle all trouble shooting of hardware and software problems.
- Responsible for overseeing and handling network configuration, Servers, Workstations, Networking equipment, PABX, email accounts, and also support for the underlying server/desktop infrastructure.
- Generate Root Cause Analysis on a problem.
- Manage leadership in the establishment of project scope, technical strategy, cost, budget and staff support requirements with new IT initiatives.
- Prepare Policy & Procedures for the IT Department and for the user department.
- Manage Disaster Recovery Process and ensure regular daily backup is taken.
- Anti-virus setup and day to day support.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be mature, pleasant, courteous, cooperative and an enthusiastic team player who displays good human relations’ skills.
- Must be flexible in working hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- A warm personality, attentive and smartly presentable.
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service.
Professional / Educational Requirements:
- A university degree in Information Technology or related fields
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Hospitality, Operations, and IT support roles. Along with minimum of two (2) years of Supervisory / managerial experience.
- Applicable Microsoft certifications: MCSA, MCTS or MCITP for Windows Server, MCDST for workstations.
- Skilled in usage of system level profiling tools and network monitoring systems to aid in application performance profiling (iostat, Nagios).
- Knowledge of network infrastructure, including CAT5/6 cabling, wireless networks, network switches, WAN/LAN, domain controller, Active Directory, firewall and VPN applications.
- Background in highly available systems and image capture/management systems.
- Extensive knowledge on Active Directory, Management and Implementations.
- He / She must be a self-starter, alert, energetic, responsible and flexible.
- Experience with Hospitality related applications and or systems (PMS, POS, Key card, PBX, Voice mail).
- Must know the Network fundamentals, general network setup and device configuration.
- Good knowledge of server hardware, Disk storage technology, I/O devices.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, Microsoft or Cisco certification.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ITM-HOSP-FCT” as subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted