The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations and are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator (Legal Expert, Terrorism Prevention)
Job Opening Number: 57831
- An advanced University Degree (Master’s Degree or equivalent) preferably in Criminal Law, International Law or General Law, or in a closely related field combined with sound experience-based knowledge in criminal justice matters is required.
- Specialization in Legal and related aspects of terrorism prevention and their international dimensions is highly desirable.
- A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of seven years of relevant progressively responsible experience in legal and criminal justice aspects of terrorism prevention or closely related other crime prevention and criminal justice matters is required.
- Experience in programme or project development, coordination and management is required.
- Experience in technical assistance delivery and its coordination is required.
- Work experience at the national and international levels with a focus on West Africa is highly desirable.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position fluency in English, i.e. oral and written proficiency, is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
- Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here for more information and to apply